Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's A Boy!!

So I guess we have a "Randy" not a "Randi"!! That is not going to be the oficial name, although Lance did say it was growing on him. We have narrowed the names down to a few, but we have not officially decided yet. I thought for sure we were having a girl, so I have had to switch to boy gear, but it didn't take long. We are both so excited about having a boy. Now Lance will have a little golfing buddy!

I am very patient with many things, but I am have been very impatient when it comes to finding out if we were having a boy or a girl. A few weeks ago, I asked Lance if we could go to the 4D ultrasound place to find out early. I guess you all guessed what that answer was...... "no". He is way more patient with this than I am. He thought we should just wait until the 20 week appointment. I just couldn't wait any longer! Then I thought, what am I thinking.......I switched my approach. I asked him to join me on Saturday, October 25th at 11:00 to find out if it was a boy or a girl. He said........"yes"!! I guess he didn't want me finding out without him.

This was such a special treat for us today. The facility was very nice and relaxing. I felt like I was in a spa at a resort. Lance got to relax on a comfy leather couch and watch the ultrasound footage on a big projector screen. She had soft music playing and the lights were dimmed. It was really special. She said she was over 100 percent sure that it was a BOY!! She also said that all the organs and bones looked like they were developing perfectly, and she thought I was about a week further along than the doctor thought. Maybe this is why my belly is SO BIG! The baby is measuring to be due on April 8th now instead of April 15th. This is going to make getting to Blake (Lance's brother) and Brittany's wedding even trickier!!

This is the first grandbaby on both sides of our families, so our parents are very excited! I wanted to surprise our parents in a special way, I had it all planned out, but for some reason Lance's family always finds out about surprises so their surprise didn't work out like I had originally planned. :) Lance's parents were out of town, so we text them a picture of us with the Baby Boy sign. We went to my mom and dad's to surprise them when my mom got home from work. I had a little gift for them to open with a little something they could use with the baby. I will post pictures after I give Lance's parents their surprise. They were VERY surpised!! I could not believe I kept this secret from my mom, but I did.

Now I can't wait to get going on the nursery decorating. My mom, dad, and I went shopping today to look for baby bedding while Lance watched the Georgia game with Blake. My dad found a bedding set that I fell in love with so I went ahead and purchased that one today. My dad always finds the good stuff and that is why I love shopping with him. My mom and dad purchased a glider chair for me to rock the baby in which I am so excited about. My mom helped pick out the fabric for the glider chair which I LOVE!! We are going to do baby blues and browns for the room. It is going to look so cute.

This was a perfect day! We feel very blessed to have a baby boy coming in April, and we can't wait to meet him in person. Please continue to pray for this little baby boy's healthy development. Here are a few sneak peeks below. I know some of them look like aliens, but we still think he is precious!!

Foot Picture

Ribs and Hand
Feet
Spine Picture

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you kept a secret either. I was looking forward to the next appt. and being there when you found out. I wanted a surprise and I guess I got one.

Mom

Anonymous said...

So excited about Randy!!! A little boy is all God can use to make a man. AND what fun you two will have being His instruments to raise a precious little boy!!! I told Charlie a friend was coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for y'all. I was thinking boy all along! You will have such a great time with him - I promise. Little boys steal their mama's hearts!

jadiec said...

That is so exciting and such a wonderful blessing! It's true... boys love their mothers like no one else. You have so much to look forward to!!! What fantastic news!

See you on Tuesday. :)

Jessica

Brooke and Patrick said...

Congrats! Baby boys are so much fun and are Mommy's little boys and such cuddlers. We did the 3-D ultrasound too to find out the sex and immediately bought everything. It is so much fun! Congrats again and have fun decorating!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

My Dad just called to tell us you guys found out. So of course I had to jump on my computer to see if you had anything posted. :) We are so happy for you. Love the picture, and can't wait to see more.

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and Lance!! I've always heard that the relationship between a little boy and his mommy is a very special one! You have so much excitement and special times to look forward too! :-)

Amy

Jensen Fam said...

Congratulations! Little boys are so much fun! He will definitely be your little buddy Kim, its a very fun relationship. Have fun shopping for little boy things!

Kiley said...

I thought I left a comment a while back but I guess it didn't work out. I got your message thanks for calling. We are so happy for you guys!! Brandon is jealous, he wants a baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!I am so excited for you and Lance. You have so much to look forward to.Have fun planning for you sweet baby. Boys are wonderful!!! See you soon.
Elena

Erin Duvall said...

So happy for you guys. I just realized you updated your blog weeks ago with this news but apparently I saved your blog under the title 12 weeks so every time I opened it up I thought you hadn't updated it. Anyhoo, can't wait for the little guy to arrive. And can't wait for you to meet Ava next time we can get her up to Douglasville.

Anonymous said...

Shadow Creation is the process to change the color of an image or video..Shadow Creation It means correcting the lighting, white color balance, red or blue color balance, so that the image looks more clear or natural