Davis and Opa
I always prayed that I would marry a wonderful husband and that my husband would be a wonderful father. Having a family was so important to me and something I thought about all the time. My prayers were obviously answered when I met Lance. I always knew Lance would be a wonderful father, but now it is so fun to see him be a father to Davis. Lance is the best Dad ever!
Below are the things Davis loves about his Daddy:
- I love to lay on Daddy's chest and fall asleep.
- I love when Daddy tries to make me laugh.
- I love when Daddy makes up silly songs and sings them to me
- I love the way Daddy tells me good-bye every morning. Even if I am asleep, he still comes in my room and has to take a peek at me.
- I love the way Daddy talks to me and teaches me all kinds of new things. He always talks to me like I am a little person. I like that!
- I love kisses and hugs from Daddy.
- I love the way Daddy smiles when he sees me after a long day at work. I know he has had a long hard day and he always says, "Let me hold my little buddy".
- I love watching my Daddy mow the lawn and shave his face. I can't wait to be a big boy like my Daddy.
- I love going on walks with Mommy, Daddy, and Hershel.
- I love thinking about the days ahead with my Daddy. I can't wait to fish, play soccer, and golf. We have so much to look forward to.
We celebrated with my Dad, grandpa Pope, and Uncle Kelton (it was fun having my grandpa and uncle with us this year) on Sunday. Dad cooked his famous spaghetti and we all enjoyed dinner and visiting together. I have the best Dad in the world. He has taught me so many things and has been such a good example to me through all these years. My dad has always taught me the value of education and treating people with respect and love and maybe that is why I am a teacher today. And of course his motto he always taught me ever since I was a little girl....."All guys are scum!" but as he said at our wedding, Lance has proved him wrong!! But the best thing about my dad is all the memories I have of us together as a family. He has always been a very involved dad and spent so much time with us growing up. I remember going to college classes with dad, bargain shopping trips in Boston, family vacations, being baptised by my dad, helping me with school work, playing board games, beach vacations, long talks, family dinners, moves across the country in the Uhaul, watching the stars outside, banging pots and pans to ring in the new year, oranges in Christmas stockings, father daughter dances, basketball games in the driveway, driving the golf cart while he played golf, our father daughter dance at the wedding, seeing his smile when he held Davis for the first time and the list goes on and on! I love you Dad!!