Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby Cone's Room is Coming Along....

The baby nursery is coming along! Our furniture came in and I was so excited to get it here.

For those of you who do not know the story about our furniture. Lance and I went to look at furniture and picked out what we wanted. We decided on the changing table and crib. We decided against the hutch to save a little money. Well, when I went back to look at it with my mom and her friend, I decided that I really did want the hutch. I came home and told Lance that I wanted the hutch. He didn't say no, but he said we would think about it. I guess all those pregnancy hormones got to me because I started BAWLING and I could not control it!! I could not stop even when I tried. I do not think I have ever cried that hard in my life. He finally said, "We can get the hutch." Then I started laughing because that was so stupid of me to throw a fit; but boy did it work. Lance warned me that it would only work once. I have not tried it again!!


Lance and Blake went to pick up our baby furniture last week in our friend's truck. It is always nice to have a friend with a truck (Thanks Casey and Kelley!!). I was so thankful that Blake was able to help Lance get the furniture; he is the best brother in law! Here are a few pictures of the furniture. The color is a dark brown; it looks black in the pictures because of the lighting.


The walls are a khaki color. Anna is going to paint a canvas with Baby Cone's name on it to put over the crib. Our friend Kelley is going to paint something simple on the walls to give it a little color. Below is a little blue distressed table that I could not pass up.

Lance's Aunt Tricia is going to make the curtains. She does such a wonderful job!! I went with her a couple of weeks ago to pick out fabric and we found some really cute fabrics and the precious blue night stand above. I can't wait till the curtains are finished. I will post pictures once they are up. They are blue and brown. We are still waiting on the baby bedding and the glider chair and ottoman. They should be in before Christmas.
No, this is not our nursery below.....it is the baby bedding we ordered! It is very simple; but I love it! I just ordered the bumper, quilt, sheet, and bed skirt.

I love decorating..........more pictures to come! :)

12 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I don't miss the uncontrollable emotions. :) Don't worry it passes. I remember doing stuff like that while pregnant. I love your baby stuff, and can't wait to see the final product. And don't worry your energy will come back just in time to nest. Ah good times. I'm glad your doing so great. Love, Janice

Anonymous said...

The nursery is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product. Randy will be here before you know it. :)

Brooke and Patrick said...

Kim, it is going to be so cute! I love the furniture. I think we almost bought that exact set. Enjoy decorating and getting everything ready.

LJKreyling said...

Baby Cone's room is looking great! It is fun to decorate. Did you guys have a fun thanksgiving? Jadzia and Cassie wanted me to tell you HI!

Jensen Fam said...

I love the furniture! That is so cute and will look adorable as a toddler bed. I love the colors as well. Great job!

Jensen Fam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Looks good. It will be fun to pick up the bedding tomorrow. Lance's Mom will be able to see it to.
See you tomorrow.
Mom

Amy said...

Yes, those darn hormones! Just wait until AFTER the baby is born-whew--those first few days are rough. Just prepare Lance now! ;-)

Your nursery is going to look great! Isn't it so much fun decorating for baby? I loved it for both girls! I hope all is well! I hope we can get together soon!

Jensen Fam said...

I made the belly band and it works great. Thanks for the tip! I hear you have the cutest tummy ever - post more pics!

Jensen Fam said...

We would love to get together and take pictures over the holiday. We will be home during the week of Christmas. We'll keep in touch and figure out a date!

Kiley said...

Will you come decorate my whole house!! I love your nursery! It is so cute.

Amber said...

Love the furniture! I love, love, love the blue piece. We are still working on getting the Nursery together :) We are boring - for Christmas, Tate is getting a bench with storage for under the window. I guess grandparents get to have the fun gifts :) Sounds like you are doing great!