Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings!

I know this is a little late for a Thanksgiving post, but I am just getting to updating our blog today. I LOVE the holidays! Each year around Thanksgiving I cannot help but think of the hymn "Count Your Many Blessings". This hymn is such a great reminder to me to be thankful for everything that God has provided us with. We are so fortunate and I am ever so thankful for more things than I can list.
  • I think I am most thankful for LOVE. Without LOVE what would we have?
  • A Wonderful and Supportive Husband
  • Our Health
  • Great Families
  • Great Friends
  • Prayer
Lance and I had Thanksgiving dinner with his family the week before Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time with his family. We ate, talked, ate, shopped while the guys went to the driving range, and ate. It was so nice to all be together for a great meal and company. We love spending time with both of our families around the holidays, those are the times we look forward to most!

We spent Thanksgiving Day with my family this year. I wish that our extended family was closer so we could see them around the holidays; but we always have fun with the small family here! There is nothing like being at home; such a good feeling. We had a very nice time visiting and spending quality time together, watching movies, and eating. Of course my brother was putting up the Christmas lights as usual. We call him Clark around Christmas because he lights remind us of the lights in the movie Christmas Vacation. He always does a wonderful job with the lights. My mom and dad's house is always very colorful. Now, I need him to come decorate the outside of our house, only with white lights, but he only does color!! :)

I think Thanksgiving is just a good reminder to us all to be thankful and to help others that are in need all year round. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in helping others around the holidays we forget that people have needs all year long. Sometimes even those that have everything are in need of something. Just keep an open heart to hear and see the needs of others throughout the year. Sometimes just a hug or spending time with someone means more than you will ever know.

No comments: