Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kim's Baby Shower

I was on full bed rest since last Thursday to help with the swelling. It definitely worked as it has been the past few weeks, but it is only Tuesday and my feet are back to BIG FEET again!! I only have two more half days of work and then full bed rest until Davis arrives. I can get out and do one little QUICK venture a day so that will really help out. Believe me, I am going to be looking forward to that one venture each day.

When the doctor said bed rest a few weeks ago, I said I will do whatever I need to do, but I am hosting a baby shower for a dear friend and I really need/want to be there, he said that I could do that one thing if I did NOTHING else the whole weekend, so I did exactly that. Then, I tried the same bargaining with Blake and Brittany's wedding, but that didn't go so well, he said definitely not; The distance is too far and it is too close to our due date. At least it was worth a try! :)

It felt so good to escape my recliner and host Kim's shower with my friend Judith. Kim is having a baby girl, Ella. Lance and I set up Kim and her husband, Justin, so they are really special friends to us! The funny thing is we also set up Judith and her husband Allen. The six of us have so much fun together. It is so weird how things work out and the people God places in your life for a specific reason. I am so thankful for our friendships. Justin has two boys from a previous marriage, and now they will have a baby girl. Boy is Ella going to be spoiled!
Judith made these little treat boxes with Ella's monogram on them. They turned out so cute!

Ella and Davis meet for the first time. Could it be the start to a LOVE STORY! We will have to wait and see! It has been fun experiencing my first pregnancy with another friend. I hope that Davis and Ella will have fun playing together once they arrive. Davis will be here in April and Ella will be here in May.

Judith and I had so much fun planning Kim's special day! We can't wait to meet Baby Ella!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Are you trying to set Davis up so soon? You need to be taking it easy.
Hope to see you this weekend.
Love, Gail

LJKreyling said...

Take care of yourself! You do look rather cozy in that recliner. We also enjoyed looking at the baby shower pictures. It is nice to have good friends. I hope you can stand all the bed rest but it will be over before you know it. We love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Kim. It looks like the shower was a success. Can't wait to see a picture of you and Kim holding your babies!!

Love, Mom

Erin Duvall said...

You look so good Kim. Can't wait till Davis gets here.