Wednesday, April 1, 2009

38 Weeks....Still Waiting

This has been a LONG week on bed rest since I have not been working. We had our dear friends Rodney and Beth come over last week and they brought dinner; it was so nice just to have company of friends. It gets a little lonely here all day alone. My mom calls and checks on me everyday and makes sure I do not need anything.....it is so nice to have my family so close. Lance's mom brought over some magazines and cooked us some food for the week this weekend so that was helpful. I have been catching up on my entertainment gossip. My family is going to be taking care of me this weekend while Lance is at Blake and Brittany's wedding. I am so disappointed that I cannot be there, but I know that I need to do what is best for Davis. We are blessed with such great families and friends. I did get some GREAT news last week, I found out that several of my family members are coming out to see Davis in June. They live out west; so I was not sure they would be able to make it out this way. That was the best news ever! I cannot wait to see everyone in June!!

Today we had our 38 week appointment. Everything looked good. My blood pressure was normal it is always 120/70 and the baby's heart beat was good. My swelling has gone down tremendously since being on full bed rest. The baby is now fully dropped and in the correct position, but have not dilated yet. I was so BUMMED!! My mom warned me not to get my hopes up, but I just have been set that he is coming early, but once again mom was right. The doctor warned me not to be bummed and said it is possible for my water to break tonight, you just never know. Some people do not dilate and go into labor, I did not know that could happen. That made me feel a little better so I hope that person is me. He said that he estimates he is in the 8 pound range right now.......looks like a big baby is headed our way. I was telling Lance it stinks that he is healthy and weighs enough to be here today, but we have to keep on waiting. We cannot wait to meet him; we are beyond EXCITED! Maybe we will have an Easter baby. We go back to the doctor next Tuesday so I will post another update then. Until then, I will be here on my recliner.

Lance and I greatly appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, and acts of kindness. We are truly blessed more than we deserve.

3 comments:

Erin Duvall said...

Kim that is so true. It happened to my friend Keisha when her son was born last May. Her water never broke. She didn't think she was in labor even though her contractions were pretty close together b/c they never hurt. Keisha thought Jayden was just kicking her but when she started timing his kicks they were happening very close together. But her husband made her go to the hospital anyways so she walked in there laughing telling him they were going to tell her to go home. Turns out she was in labor and pretty close to missing her epidural. She couldn't believe it b/c she was in no pain whatsoever.
Two days before I went into labor I still was dilated to a zero. Even when I went to the hospital b/c I was having contractions they said I may be dilated to a one. I was in a little pain but not too major and they were going to send me back home. So I walked the maternity ward and within an hour I was dilated to a four and considered in labor so they let me stay. They still had to break my water and everything. Good thing I went in. It really all has to do with timing your contractions. I'll be honest when I woke up that morning I thought I just had a tummy ache from something I had eaten the night before. I was just waiting to use the restroom when it dawned on me these stomach pains could be contractions. When i called the nurse to tell her how far apart the pains were she actually asked me if it felt like I had to go to the bathroom. I was like "yeah why?" She said honey that means you're in labor. No kidding huh. Ava came on her due date. I hope all goes well for you and I know what the waiting game feels like. Try not to get too bored :) I'm so excited for you.

Jensen Fam said...

I am glad you are feeling better! He will be here before you know it. The cool part is when you have that first contraction and you think 'is this it! it is!' And then the pain begins. :) But I'm pretty sure you forget all about it as soon as you get to hold the little guy in your arms. And obviously it is completely erased from our memories or we would never have another kid. :) Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the baby when he arrives!

Anonymous said...

Kim, you and Lance have been blessed, and you deserve it. We all have been blessed. Be patient he will be here soon. He is already so loved. Love, Gail