Saturday, July 10, 2010

"We are off.......like a dirty shirt!!"

Thursday, June 17 2010
And we are off to......St. George Utah!


My dad would always start every road trip with saying....."we are off".....and then my brother and I would yell as quickly and loudly as we could...."like a dirty shirt!". I think this is something his dad did when growing up. My brother and I used to love it! Well, our LONG trip started about 3:30 AM.....we had to get up SUPER early to catch our morning flight in Atlanta. Davis was a CHAMPION the whole day! He slept for about an hour and a half on the plane and then he just played the rest of the time. He took turns sitting with us and then he would go and sit with MeMe and Opa. It really helped being in first class and having the extra space (thanks dad for upgrading our seats!!). We flew to Salt Lake City and then took a prop plane into St. George. St. George is such a small town they do not have a big airport. So, you can fly into Las Vegas and drive to St. George or fly into SLC and take a prop plane. No joke it takes about 2 minutes to walk through the airport in St. George which is kind of nice coming from Atlanta!! Then it takes you a whole 4 minutes to get to my grandparents house from the airport.....got to love small towns! I was so worried about Davis since the flight was so long and I knew the prop plane would be LOUD and bumpy but he did AWESOME!!



They even let you take a picture on the runway....that would NEVER happen in Atlanta...ha! Look at the pilot....he is holding up a peace sign!

1 comment:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

My Dad did the same with us, and I've been doing it it forever with Jon and now with Kaylee. She is starting to yell, "SHIRT." Guess it's a Kreyling thing. ;) LOVED being able to see you all. Glade you got home safely.