Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July -- 2010

Happy 4th of July! Our family would like to thank all the men and women who serve our country and keep us safe. This is such a sacrifice and one that we will be forever thankful for. We also want to thank all the families of the service men and women. We are so thankful for our freedom and the USA! God Bless America!
I am VERY behind on our blog!! I need to post pictures of our 10 day trip out West, but I have soooooo many pictures I don't even know where to begin. I thought I would have more time in Utah to update the blog and keep up with our trip day by day, but we did not have Internet access so that plan did not work out! Please check back often updates of our trip will be coming soon.....we had a fantastic trip and got some GREAT pictures. I can't wait to share them with all of you! When we got back from Utah, Davis was with us a couple of days and then he went to stay with his Nana and Papa for a few days.....can I say that we missed him SOOOOO much! The house was so quite without Hershel and Davis I really didn't know what to do! I spent lots of time resting, going to the pool, and going on dates with Lance.....I never managed to get to all the cleaning and laundry I had to do....oh well, I will get it done sometime. Davis had a great time with his Nana and Papa and he can't wait to go back! We had a great fourth of July....here are some pictures of our fun day!

Mom and I left the house around 5:15 to do the Peachtree. Lance stayed home with Davis. I did not get an early morning picture like I usually do! We were a much earlier group this time so we actually got shirts that fit us.....which made both of our days. I love participating in this event with my mom and it is one I look forward to all year long! Next year, we are talking about spending the night at a hotel and going to all the festivities in town...we will see.

Later that day, we wet over to my mom and dads to grill out and watch the fireworks at the golf course.

Kelley tried so hard to get some cute pictures of Davis......but he is just on the run and will not stop for anything....so we did not get too many cute ones...ha!


Playing on the 9th Green behind MeMe and Opa's house!


Uncle Blake and Davis heading down to watch the fireworks!
It was WAY past his bedtime and he was such a TROOPER!!

Playing in the sand trap!

Davis & Uncle Blake

Casey and Kelley

Fireworks Time!
Davis would watch the fireworks for about 30 seconds and then he was off running around! He seemed to have fun and he clapped after the show was over.....he is so funny!


Davis & Opa

MeMe, Opa & Davis

Mom and her BEST friend Linda!

Kelley & Me

Lance always has to get a joke in...haha!
Great friends are the best thing in the world!!
The Whole Crew

Mom and I in our Peachtree shirts!!

On our way out the door.....Davis was so ready to go night night!! I think he ate a little too much....look at his belly! Thanks mom and dad for having us. The food was great! We can't wait for next year!!

2 comments:

Erin Duvall said...

Can't wait to hear about your Utah trip. Did Davis go too?

Justin and Kristin said...

I can't wait to meet Davis! When are we going to get together? It HAS to be before the end of the summer.