Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Fifth Anniversary

Lance and I were married five years ago on November 15th at the Berry College Chapel. Berry College is where we met so it was and still is a very special place to both of us. I know God had a purpose in us both going to college there. It is funny how things always work out. Lance and I have always been the best of friends even before we began dating in college. There is nothing better then spending the rest of your life with your best friend.

We just did a very simple anniversary and I think those are sometimes the best. We began the day by watching the Geogia game at my brother in law Blake's house with Blake and Blake's fiance, Brittany, my sister in law Anna and her boyfriend (I am hoping it is ok to call him this......) Brad. It was the first time we had met Brad; Lance and I really liked him. We always have a fun time hanging out with family. Those are always special times that Lance and I treasure! Later that night, Lance and I went to eat at our favorite restaurant in Cumming, Tam's Backstage. I LOVE this food, but I especially love the dessert!!

As I sit here and think, I cannot believe we have been married for five years. Time goes by so quickly. It really makes you want to slow down and take time to enjoy the simple things in life more often. I know once we have the baby the time will go by even quicker. This has been the best five years of our lives and we are looking forward to many more to come.

I have learned so much in these five years and I know I have many more things to learn as the years progress. But a few of these things are:

-Put all your faith in God's hands not your own.

-Have fun and laugh often. (Thanks for reminding me of this Lance!)

-Take time to enjoy friends and family as much as possible.

-Make time for each other and yourself.

-Make sure your actions and words always let your spouse know how much you love and appreciate them.

-Always compromise with a smile. :)

-Never go to bed angry (I know this is cheesy, but this is one thing Lance and I live by and I feel it has made the biggest difference. Lance is so good at this; he will make sure we are both laughing before we go to sleep angry.)

I just wanted to let Lance know how much I appreciate his continuous support and love. He is the best husband I could ask for. I thank God daily that we were able to meet. I could not imagine my life without him!




1 comment:

Jensen Fam said...

Congratulations! Your wedding picture is beautiful!