Sunday, May 10, 2009

What Would We Do Without Moms?

MeMe, Davis, and Me
MeMe and Davis

Nana and Davis

Tulips From Lance

Gerber Daisies from Mom & Dad

God has given me the best gift I could ever ask for (besides my salvation and my wonderful marriage), and that is a child! I have prayed for this day for a long time, and now it is finally here in God's timing which could not have been a better time. His will is not always in our timing but it is always perfect in God's plan. I feel so blessed to be able to be celebrating Mother's Day on the other side now. It was so neat to be a Mom this Mother's Day. Lance got me some tulips, my favorite flower, and a willow tree angel with a mom and a little boy. It was so thoughtful and I loved it. He also got me the cutest card I have seen. On the front of the card there was a picture of three set of feet on a bed. Two adult feet on the sides and a babies feet in the middle. The card said. "Lately I feel like something has come between us and I am cool with that! Happy Mother's Day from the Other Side of the Bed." I thought it was so precious. We are both having so much fun with Davis. Our lives have really been forever changed by him and we are truly blessed. My mom and dad also had flowers sent to the house. It was a beautiful bouquet of Gerber Daisies......what a nice surprise that was! My dad is always thoughtful with his flowers. He got them for me, my mom, and my grandma. How Sweet!
We celebrated Mother's Day with Lance's family on Saturday. Neal and Gail came over and brought Lance's Grandma, Carmen. It was Carmen's first time seeing Davis, her 1st Great Grandbaby! Blake and Brittany also came, but we missed Anna this year, she was with her boyfriend's (Brad) family. We all cooked out and had fun watching Davis. I guess he is the new family entertainment. It is amazing how long a group of people can sit and watch a little baby. He had fun being spoiled by his Nana, Great Grandma, and Aunt Brittany. Everyone LOVED holding him and he LOVED all the attention. Now I am paying the price because he wants to be held all the time! Oh well, I LOVE holding him too! I am so blessed with such a wonderful Mother-In-Law. She has always treated me like a daughter and I am so thankful for that. She is so special to Lance and me.

On Sunday, Lance watched Davis so I could go to church with my mom. It was such a nice treat to get to go to church with my mom. They had a nice brunch for all the ladies and I was able to visit with friends I have not seen in quite a while. They also had a nice service for just the women and the theme was "Live Like You Believe". It was such a good reminder about the little things you can do to make your spirit stronger and help lift up those around you. It was very good. I pray everyday that I can be as good a mom as my mom was to me. She is such a good example to me and has really shown me what true motherhood is. No matter what my mom always loves us and we always knew that! Just like the Savior loves us no matter what and He is always here for us! I am thankful for her friendship and to have her example to live by. I could not have asked for a better mom!

I love this quote and one of the ladies that talked spoke about this quote and now being a mom I look at it in a different light. It is such a good reminder about the important things in life. I hope you all like it as much as I do! It really puts things in perspective.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." —Marjorie Pay Hinckley

After church we packed Davis up for his first "trip". We went to my mom and dad's for our traditional Mother's Day dinner. We have been ordering take out from Macaroni Grill the past few years. Davis did well on his first trip away from home. He had fun visiting with his grandparents and Uncle Justin.
Lance and I are so blessed with our families. Spending time with our families is one thing that we treasure more than anything. Your family is the one thing you can hold onto forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY!! I thought about you on Sunday and how excited and blessed you were to finally celebrate that day for youself after all you and Lance have been through to get that precious little boy!! I'm sure you enjoyed every minute of your day!! Looks like ya'll had a fun filled weekend!! Love ya!! Hope to meet that sweet boy soon!! He is getting so big!!!

Susan

Kiley said...

I think we have the best moms in the world!! I can't wait to see you guys, its coming up soon!! I thought that was a way cute card from Lance and pretty flowers! glad you had a great mothers day.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Thank you so much for being such a wonderful daughter-in-law and wonderful mother to my precious grandson.

Love,Gail