Saturday, May 2, 2009

Davis' First Doctor Visit

Yesterday was officially my first day with no help. Needless to say I was absolutely exhausted. We have been really spoiled with help from our MeMe and Nana. I thought I would have plenty of time to get up, get ready and get Davis ready before his appointment at 1:45. Boy was I wrong! I wish I would have video recorded my first day. It was pretty funny to say the least, but we made it through. I barely got ready and had to scarf down some food in about 2 minutes so we wouldn't be late. I was going to get a picture of Davis going to the doctor, but needless to say we were running a little behind schedule. This is something Lance and I will have to get used to. For those of you who know Lance, he is always about 10 minutes early to everything; he is NEVER late!

The doctor visit went great. He is a very healthy and GROWING boy. Drum roll Please..................................he is a whopping..............10 pounds 7 ounces and 24 inches long. I could not believe he had grown an inch and a half. He is eating about 5 ounces of breast milk every 3 to 4 hours and currently waking up once in the night for a feeding. He continues to be fussy from about 7 to 10 in the evenings but at least he is sleeping good at night. We will post more pictures of our growing boy soon. It is amazing how much they change in just a few days. We are very blessed with Davis and life couldn't be better for the Cones!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Kim~ Its good to hear you all are doing so well! I've been checking everyday for new pictures :-) Davis is SO cute! Those first few weeks on your own are the hardest, but you will get on a routine and it will get easier. But if your days are anything like mine, you will be doing good to be showered by bedtime-hehe! I hope to stop by and visit little Davis soon! I'll bring dinner too! Take care and rest when Davis rests!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I was late to Kaylee's first doctor appointment too. :) It is hard to get used to being late because of the unexpected messy diaper (or worse) when you are used to being on time. It does get easier. You sound like your doing great! And Davis is getting sooo big. We can't wait to see the newest pictures of him. Give him lots of kisses for us.

Erin Duvall said...

Oh my gosh that sounds exactly like me, course I was always late before. But now extremely late. Yeah they definately don't cooperate when they're supposed too. So funny how you would think that surely you will be on time for an afternoon apt. but you're not. It will def get easier and yes, you will get a routine at some point, but he's runnin the show right now. And that's ok.

Jensen Fam said...

Isn't it amazing how such a tiny person can affect life in some major ways!? It's all wonderful of course! I remember panicking and thinking I could never have more than 1 kid because I would never be able to get anything done or be anywhere on time. Now, I can't remember what it was like being the only person I had to get ready. :) It definitely gets easier. Life just keeps adjusting in little ways as they get older. I don't think we are ever on top of things quite the same again! Enjoy all this time with just you and Davis. They are the best memories!! Can't wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

Dear Davis,
You are the cutest, Sorry MOST HANDSOME young man I have seen in a while. I cannot wait to meet you. Your grandmother, Gail, thinks you hung the moon. You have lots of "aunts & uncles" here in D'ville who are ready to love all over you!!! Come to see us soon!
Love,
"Aunt" Karen