Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sad Day........Hershel Has A New Home!



Well, it has been a little quieter at our house the past few weeks! We had to find Hershel a new home......we knew we needed to do this, but we kept dragging our feet. We have had a couple incidents over the past couple of years where he has snapped at younger children....and ever since he has acted different around small children. Hershel LOVED Davis and was great with him from day one.....except when he jumped in his pack and play......but there was no harm done there...haha!! Lance and I were just constantly worrying about Hershel with Davis and other kids in the neighborhood or Davis' friends. We found the perfect home for Hershel and we are so excited about it. Lance's friend Mark's mother in law had a dog that just passed away and she was looking for a new dog. She lives on a lot of land in south Georgia and she was very interested in Hershel. Lance and I talked about it and we knew this would be a good fit for him, so Lance took him over to Mark's house on Sunday, and Hershel has been spoiled rotten by Ms. Allison ever since. I honestly don't know who is spoiled more Ms. Allison or Hershel. She is so in love with him and having so much fun!

I still remember 5 years ago when Lance and I started looking at dogs and with a friend's help found the perfect dog and the perfect dog breeder. Our friend's Beth and Rodney also got a dog from the same litter so we had brothers which was fun. Hershel was honestly the cutest puppy I have ever seen. Lance and I have the best memories of Hershel he was really a great dog. For about four years Hershel was my baby....Lance used to joke that Hershel got more kisses than he did..........now he makes the same joke about Davis getting more kisses!!

Even though we do miss him, I can honestly say that life has gotten a little easier. The house is cleaner......I don't have to worry all the time.....I don't have to continually get Davis out of the dog dishes.....we are saving money every month....and I know Hershel is super happy and that makes us happy! Once we are all finished having children and they are old enough we will definitely be adding a dog to the family and I cannot wait until that day!

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Oh my gosh Kim, that first picture! What a sad face angel! Do you miss him?

Kim said...

Yes, I do miss him Susannah, but I guess I feel at peace about it because I knew we needed to do it and he is making another lady so happy right now so it is all good. We just got a card and a picture of him, I will post it soon!