Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Boy does it feel good to be home!  Since things were going so well we were actually able to come home one day early.  I cannot even begin to compare my 1st C-Section with this one.  I feel 200 times better than I did after having Davis and I am so thankful for that.  I am also so thankful for our wonderful families that have helped us.  Lance's mom and my mom have been rotating helping at our house and it has been wonderful.  I cannot drive for two weeks and I have to limit my lifting to nothing bigger than the baby which is so hard with Davis. 

We came home on Saturday, February 20th.  The whole time I was set on having Davis arrive at the hospital and go home with us as a family of 4.  That was very important to me, however that did not go through as I had planned.  Davis came down with a fever so he got to stay with Nana and Papa for a few extra days.  Lance and I were pretty bummed, but quickly realized it was for the better.  It was nice to have a few days to adjust before having Davis come home.  My mom came over to help us get settled in and that was nice.  I forgot how much work newborns are and how tiring it is....but don't worry I now remember!

Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, and phone calls.  We are so appreciative of all our family and friends.  We are ready for visitors so come on over....can you tell I am getting a little cabin fever??

Katelyn is nursing great and eats about every 3 hours on the dot, sometimes 2 hours, but mostly 3.  She pretty much eats and sleeps.  She has been an excellent baby so far and we are so thankful for that! 
 
Before Leaving the Hospital

Our family minus Davis :(

Our dear friends Casey and Kelley came over and brought Jim and Nicks to go on Saturday evening.  It was so nice to get to visit and let them meet Katelyn for the first time.  Katelyn loved her Aunt Kelley and Uncle Casey!! 
Aunt Kelley and Katelyn
Uncle Casey and Katelyn

Uncle Blake and Aunt Brittany stopped by on Sunday to see Katelyn.
Katelyn LOVES her Opa......she was really checking him out!

Katelyn's First Bath
My mom and I gave Davis his first sponge bath together and we were able to do the same thing with Katelyn.  I love having my mom so close.  I don't know what I would do without her.  Katelyn pretty much cried the whole time, but she needed a bath, her hair was one big ball of grease! 


Katelyn was much happier after her bath was over!
Katelyn looks great, now it looks like we are the ones who need a bath...haha!

Katelyn's First Doctor Visit
Monday, February 22nd

I didn't get any pictures of our visit to the doctor, but everything went very well.  They were a little concerned with her weight as she had lost 7% of her birthweight in the hospital, but she gained 2 ounces in two days so they were happy with that.  They had us come back for a weight check on Wednesday and she had gained another ounce on Wednesday, so we are on the right track.  Lance and I were laughing because Davis was in the 99th percentile for weight and height and Katelyn is in  the 15th percentile.  Katelyn also has to go to a cardiologist on Monday.  They noticed that her heart sometime skips a beat and we need to get it checked out to make sure everything is ok.  I am sure everything is fine, but I will be glad when we know that for sure. 

I LOVE this picture, she looks so good in purple.  I still cannot get over her hair!



Davis telling Katelyn Night Night
Lance's office gave us a basket full of shoes and socks of all different sizes for Katelyn.  It was so stinking cute.  Davis really liked the boots, and he put one boot on and walked around all night in the boot.  We were cracking up that it was just one boot.  Then he put on my purple glove and started to mow the lawn.  It was so funny I had to get a picture.

Davis has adjusted so well to his new baby sister.  He has shown no signs of jealousy.  The only problem is he loves her a little too much if you know what I mean.  Lance and I are so glad that he is doing well and adjusting to being a big brother. 


3 comments:

Hillary Hull said...

Love your new layout Kim! Too cute! And OMG I can't wait to get my hands on that sweet girl tomorrow afternoon! Parker is excited to see Davis too.

Brandy said...

Such a nice post Kim! Love your blog. Congrats again - she's super cute!

Erin Duvall said...

She's so precious. congrats you guys. isnt two crazy? :) cant wait to meet her. We're takin Tripp to the cardiologist on Thurs. for his heart murmer they just heard Sunday. I'm not worried either but I hope everything goes well. I hope Katelyn's appt. went well.