Monday, September 29, 2008

Our 12 Week Old Baby Cone

Baby Cone says "Hello!"
Lance and I went today for our 12 week appointment. Everything went great!! Baby Cone "Randy" (Lance's name for the baby) is measuring 2 inches right now and everything looked fine. The arms and legs are developed and Dr. Bills said he saw 10 fingers today, and the toes are not fully formed yet. We were amazed at how much Baby Cone was moving around! Baby Cone was moving so much that Dr. Bills could not get the measurements he needed! The baby finally cooperated and he was able to get the information he needed. It was amazing to watch. Baby Cone was kicking and flipping everywhere. I can't wait to feel Baby Cone kicking and moving. He said it will probably be week 18 before I can feel the movement.
I will continue to take the medication (Metformin) I was on for helping get Baby Cone here for the rest of the week. I am looking forward to being off this medication so I can return to a diet that is not so strict. As you all know, I love food and especially ice cream, so can't wait to go back to Dairy Queen! We have not been there since this summer, and that was a weekly event for us! This strict diet has been hard for me, but I know it has definitely been worth it!!

Lance and I are so thankful for all of your thoughts and prayers. This was a hard process for us to go through, but all your thoughts and prayers have made it so much easier. God's timing is not always our timing, as I have come to learn. Looking back, this timing could not have been more perfect. Continue to pray for our "Baby Cone".

8 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Congratulations! We love the ultrasounds, and can't wait to see more of baby Cone.

Amy said...

Look how much those arms have grown! Beautiful baby already!

Me Today said...

Hey Kim, I love reading about you, Lance, and my future niece or nephew! I am so happy for you and Lance! I love you! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

What a precious gift! I got your address fixed - yeah!! So excited for y'all and the fabulous pictures you are getting!

Jensen Fam said...

Hey Kim! Congratulations on the baby! We are so excited for you and Lance! Glad things are going so well. I love the 3D pictures, you are so lucky to be able to see your baby in such detail so soon!! Shoot me your email so I can invite you to our blog - ejjensenfam@hotmail.com.

Syd said...

Hey Lance and Kim and "baby cone"-

This is so great so the out of town folks can follow along. We are so happy for you all, and so glad the good Lord has blessed you. We can't wait to watch it all unfold with you guys. Good luck and congratulations.

Erin Duvall said...

Hey guys. Just checked out yalls blog and I love it. I am so happy for you two on your soon to be new addition to the family. Mommy-hood is so wonderful. I will pray for you and your little one as he/she grows daily.

Erin Duvall said...

Hey guys. Love your new blog. I'm so happy for you both and will pray for your little one continuing to grow daily.
Erin Duvall