Sunday, January 25, 2009

Baby Nursery Update

Our nursery is still in progress, but it is close to being finished. I thought I would post pictures of our progress. I love to decorate and I have dreamed of what the nursery would look like for years, so it was fun to actually put everything together.


Our friend Kelley offered to paint our nursery for us and I was so excited for her to do this! She is such a special friend to us and now we have a constant reminder of her when we are in the nursery. As soon as I found my baby bedding (well, actually my dad found it....way to go Dad!) and the fabric for the curtains, I knew I wanted to go with a simple circle theme. I had in mind what I wanted and Kelley just went from there. She is super talented so I knew whatever whe had in mind would look great! Lance thought I was insulting Kelley's talent by just having her paint circles; so we all had a good laugh about that. She is almost finished, but I thought I would go ahead and post some pictures. I will post some more when the nursery is completely finished.


The circles are blue, and every 4th circle has some chocolate brown to bring in the pattern from our curtains. You can see the curtains below.


Thank you so much Kelley for all your hard work. Lance and I greatly appreciate all you do for us. We know Davis will appreciate it too! We LOVE you!!


This is the glider chair that my mom and dad got for me. I am super excited about this chair. I know that Davis and I will be spending lots of time in this chair! It fits in perfect with the circle theme. :)

Lance's aunt Tricia is making our curtains. They are still in progress, but I thought I would go ahead and post what we had. We are going to have two long panels on each side of the window. The top part is blue linen and then the bottom is the brown fabric with blue and brown circles. I loved how they turned out. Tricia is also making a valence to hang. I can't wait to see what they look like put up; they are really going to pull everything together.



My sister in law, Anna, is painting a canvas with Davis' name on it to put over the crib. It is so neat to have such talented friends and family all have a little part in Davis' room. I know Davis is going to LOVE it!! Stay tuned for more pictures!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks cute! Kelley is doing a great job. I can't wait to see it. Talk to you soon. Love Mom

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

The nursery is looking so great. That's so nice that you have so many people willing and able to help. Ya, Kaylee was with us when we got stuck. We were on our way home from cleaning our church, and just dropping off one of the young men in our ward. Lucky for us his dad was home. :) Kaylee slept through the whole thing. When she's out she's out. Getting her to fall asleep is another story...
Keep the photos coming. ;)
Love you guys.

Kiley said...

Your friend did an amazing job! So did you, I have the hardest times coming up with ideas. I love his nursery! I miss you! I hope your shower is so much fun this weekend and you get spoiled!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Kim. This is going to be so beautiful. If teaching doesn't work out for you, you can be an interior design. Davis is going to love his new room.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Kim, this is going to be beautiful. If teaching doesn't work for you, you can always be an interior designer. AND you can start with my house. Davis will love his room!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet words. Davis deserves the cutest room ever. Thanks for letting me be a part!

Kelley

Erin Duvall said...

Kim the nursery is so cute! I love it. Your friend is so talented. And the curtains are so cute also. Send those people over to my house. Thanks for the blog website. I updated my background. I really liked yours but refrained from copying. I do love the one I chose though. I can't wait for Davis to make his appearance and for you guys to meet little Ava.

LJKreyling said...

I love how you are decorating Davis's room. The pictures are amazing. I am amazed at the patience and your steady hand. Cassie is wanting to move into our guest room and have her "own room". I told her over spring break, maybe. She already has picked out the colors she wants to paint her room. :-)

Anonymous said...

Kim, I cannot wait to see pictures of your baby shower. I am sooo sorry that I couldn't be there. My family was all here to celebrate my birthday. I hope Davis got showered with lots of great presents!!!!