Saturday, February 7, 2009

4D Ultrasound--Davis is looking good!

We had a very busy day today. I had my second baby shower. Lance's mom and dad came down for the day. The guys stayed out the house to put up a ceiling fan and fix our stove while the girls went to the shower. We all had a great time. After the shower we went to lunch with both of our families. It was so fun to have everyone there. Then we Lance's parents, my parents, and my brother Justin went to see a 4D ultrasound of Davis.

We had the best time, I could not believe how much Davis had changed since we last had an ultrasound. He has filled out so much. We think he is just beautiful. It was so neat to see him moving around and looking right at the camera. We could see his eyes and mouth open and shut. He kept chewing on the umbilical cord. We could even tell that he had hair which I did not know we would be able to see. So it looks like he has really chubby cheeks and lots of hair.

Our official due date is April 15th, but we were measuring about a week early, April 8th. Well, today we had a little surprise. We were guessing how much Davis weighed. We were all guessing in the 3 pound range........and guess what he weighed.........4 pounds and 7 ounces!! He is measuring 32 and a half weeks right now, which puts him here on March 30th. We have our 32 week ultrasound in a week and a half so we will see what the doctor says.....but I am a little excited that we may get to meet Davis earlier than we thought. I cannot wait for him to get here. But on the other hand, I cannot help and think of all the things Lance and I have to do before he gets here. Continue to pray for a healthy little boy! We are going for our hospital tour tomorrow. We had a wonderful weekend and we know how truly blessed we are with our little gift from God!








9 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Oh Kim, he's just precious! I love the chunky cheeks. Looks like you guys are just having so much fun getting ready for Davis. I hope you do get to meet him early. I think it would be fun if he came on March 30th. Kaylee's b-day is March 29th, and she was due April 14th. I was very happy when she snuck out early. Good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

It was a fun day yesterday. It was fun meeting Davis. He will be here soon!!
Love Mom

Erin Duvall said...

Oh my gosh he is just so precious. I am so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

I got to see the whole DVD yesterday when Gail and I had lunch together. He is beautiful. I know you feel so good that he is already a big boy and growing every day. He'll be here before you know it. Enjoy these last few weeks with just Lance. Because life will never be the same again when that little man enters your world!

Brooke and Patrick said...

Such precious pictures. That is the most detailed ultrasound I have ever seen. He looks like such a cutie. Enjoy these last few weeks and get as much sleep as you can!!

Amber said...

How sweet! There will always be things to do, so don't stress too much, they really do need very little to begin with. I take that back, The need a lot, but mainly that is just in the form of Love, which you don't really have to prepare. I am so excited for you to know the love of having a son, they truly are a gift.

Tara Jeffers said...

Hi Mrs. Cone, it is the Jeffers from Florida. We are so thrilled with all of the pictures. Thank you for including us on all of your updates. We can't wait to see pictures of Davis' arrival. We wish you the best with his delivery. Coincidentally, Catherine's 3rd grade teacher is out on maternity leave with her first baby and due back in 2 weeks. She misses you tons. Tara
Hi Mrs. Cone, I miss you sooooo very much!. Love, Catherine

Anonymous said...

Kim and Lance,
Neal and I had such a great time Saturday. Seeing Davis was such a joy and a blessing. Our family has been so blessed.

Love, Gail

Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.