Monday, April 27, 2009

Update From Davis

Here are the pictures you all have been asking for.......sorry it has taken me so long to update the blog. I have been a little out of it; but I am beginning to feel much better. Make sure to read the letter from Davis below. We are all doing well and keeping busy.
Lance always keeps me smiling!Me and my mom. I don't know what I would do without her.

Lance learning how to feed Davis. He did such a good job taking care of Davis while I was recovering.

Nana, Lance, PaPa and Davis
I LOVE this picture of Lance showing off his "tricks" to Derek. Lance will rub Davis' head and he will burp.
Opa making his daily visit to the hospital during his lunch break.
MeMe and Davis
Going Home

First Walk




My 1st Sponge Bath




Tummy Time



Hershel and Davis meet for the first time.

Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you for all your prayers as I entered the world on April 14th. I bet you all were not planning on be being so big.........9 pounds 14 ounces and 22 and a half inches long.....I had you all fooled! I will be two weeks old tomorrow and boy have I been busy. I was in the hospital for 4 days waiting for my mom to recover from her c-section. It has taken her a while to get feeling good, but don't worry about me, my daddy took very good care of me. He had to be mommy and daddy for the week. He really did a very good job! We were all able to go home on Friday, April 17th. Little did I know, my mom and dad had scheduled a doctor appointment for me on that same afternoon. I had to have a piece of skin clipped underneath my tongue so I could eat better. It was not that bad, but I noticed my mom had tears in her eyes. After that, we were off to the house. It felt good to get home and see my new home. It is quite different than living in the womb. I actually have room to move around now. I met my dog, Hershel. I was not sure if he liked me or not, but I think he has now gotten used to me and I think we are going to be buddies. My Grandma Kreyling (MeMe) came to help my mom and dad the first week. My Grandpa Kreyling (Opa) would come over to visit and eat dinner along with Uncle Justin. MeMe was super busy cleaning, cooking, and taking care of my mom and me. She was so nice and helpful, I know my mom was glad to have her help. My Grandma (Nana) and Grandpa (Papa) Cone have made a few visits as well and Nana is coming to stay with us this Wednesday and Thursday. I already can tell I am going to be spoiled by my grandparents. I heard that is what grandparents do. This last week, My mom had to have lots of rest and keep her feet up because she was so swollen. If you thought she was swollen before I came, you should of seen her after I arrived! It has now been two weeks and she can finally see her ankles and knees which she has not seen in a while. This week I have had lots of firsts. I met a dog, sat in a bouncy seat, had tummy time (I am already lifting my head....they keep telling me I am strong), had a sponge bath, went on a walk (did not enjoy the walk), took a ride in the car, went to the doctor, sat in a swing, and of course I ate, slept, and made LOTS dirty diapers. I had lots of visitors who told me how cute I was over and over again. I think I have been a pretty good baby so far. I LOVE to sleep LOTS and LOTS, but I am beginning to stay awake more during the day. But I do have one REALLY fussy time between 7:00 and 11:00 at night. This is not a fun time for mommy and daddy, but they are getting used to it. I will write again next week and let you know what is going on in my little world!

Love,
Davis

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see the update. I can't believe how he has changed! I loved the letter from Davis. I guess it has been a busy week for such a little guy. I really liked the picture of Lance and Davis.
All my love,
Meme

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Davis is just so cute. I really can't believe how big he is. It took Kaylee almost three months to get that size. Good job guys!

Jensen Fam said...

What a doll! He is so stinkin cute and it looks like you guys are having a blast! The first baby is so special because they get all the attention and firsts - enjoy!!

Your mom and dad look so happy to be grandparents! How exciting for all of you guys!!

Both of my little kiddos had a rough few hours at night like little Davis. The Dr. told me to give them Mylicon drops right before they normally got fussy and it worked like magic! I hope Davis outgrows it quickly or the Dr. gives you some great advice too!

Can't wait to see you guys! We'll be in Atlanta mid-May. And Kim you look great!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see more pictures of Davis! Thanks for the update. I know you have very little free time. Glad to hear you all are doing so well!

Love,
Tara J.

Brooke and Patrick said...

Kim and Lance..he is adorable!! I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing well and adjusting to life as a family of three. Please let me know if you need anything as I am close by and stay at home full time. Enjoy this special time.

Kiley said...

oh my gosh i love him already! i can't wait to hold him soon! hope you are feeling better and better!

Erin Duvall said...

He is so precious. And he must be, 'GIFTED', as my mom calls it, just like Ava if he's holding his head up already. My mom always says Ava is gifted as well ;-)