Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good Times Good Friends

Beth and Rodney, Me and Lance and Davis, Kelley and Casey and Annie


Lance and I have been blessed with the best friends. I know I say that all of the time, but we really are so fortunate. They are just like family to us! We all have so much fun together. Casey and Kelley had us up to the mountain (we tease them because they live in Jasper where there is not much of anything) for dinner. Those of you who know Lance know that he is NOT a birthday person and I am a birthday person. I felt like I had to do something for his birthday since he is turning the big 30. I thought about several ideas, but I knew he would not want a surprise party or lots of people coming over so I thought I would just surprise him with a birthday cake at Casey and Kelley's. I knew that would be about all he would go for. We sang happy birthday and he was a good sport. I am also turning 30 in August so I think we are going to do a night out in Atlanta and stay the night in a hotel and leave Davis with the grandparents. We will see if that happens, but that is the birthday plan for now. It will be so nice to have a night out.

Aunt Beth and Davis
Lance and his Birthday Cake--Happy 30th Lance
Lance, Casey, and Beth


We set up two of our friends and both couples got married last year. It is so crazy the way things work out sometimes. This all worked out too perfectly. The six of us try to get together as much as we can. I taught with Kim and Judith at Sharon Elementary. But, this year I took a new job at Midway Elementary. I miss Kim and Judith so much. We had so many good times teaching together. Kim and Justin just had a baby three weeks after us. Her name is Ella and she is so sweet and tiny. Judith and Allen cooked dinner for us over at Kim and Justin's house and we all had a great time catching up with each other.

Allen and Judith

Baby Ella

Justin and Lance feeding the babies

Me, Barbara Garceau, Danielle Murphy, Kim Murphy, Davis Cone, Koni Kreyling, and Gage Murphy

I grew up with the Garceau family. They were like family to us since our family was all out of state. Kim just had twins and they all came over to visit Davis. It was so nice to visit with everyone.

1 comment:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Happy Birthday Lance!

xoxoxo- The Heaton Family