Saturday, June 20, 2009

Davis' Baby Blessing


Tired Davis---He is Worn Out!
Family Picture


Me, Grandpa Pope, and Davis

Grandma and Grandpa Pope, Me, and Davis

The Cone Family
Blake, Lance, Me, Gail, Davis, Grandma Lightle, Anna, and Neal

The Kreyling Family
Justin, Mom, Grandma and Grandpa Pope, Me, Davis, Lance, and Dad
*Notice: Davis is NOT liking these pictures. I was just worried about him crying or pooping during his blessing and neither happened thank goodness, so I guess a crying baby is what I get in the pictures. He was just SOOOOO tired!!*
My Mom's Family
Justin, Davis, Me, Lance
Kelton, Kathy, Grandma and Grandpa Pope, Dad, Mom, Kelli, Kiley, and Hadley
Dear Friends
Beth, Lance, Davis, Me, Kelley, and Casey
(We missed you Rodney)

Davis in his blessing outfit. My mom made the beautiful white blanket he is laying on.


We had family fly in from Utah and Arizona on Tuesday, June 16th. They stayed for a week. My Grandma and Grandpa Pope, Aunt Kelli, Uncle Kelton, Aunt Kathy, and my cousin Kiley and her daughter Hadley all came to meet Davis. They all stayed at my mom's house and we had a blast. It is so much fun having them here and it makes me wish they all lived closer. Since we do not see them often, I feel like we go non stop and after they all leave you feel exhausted!

My Grandpa Pope gave me a blessing when I was a baby and he asked if he could give Davis a blessing. A baby blessing is very similar to a baby dedication. I was so touched that he wanted to do this for Davis. We decided to to this ceremony at my mom's house rather than church so it would be a little more informal and intimate with just a small group. My grandfather blessed Davis with a beautiful blessing. His words were beautiful and so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes hearing the words my grandfather spoke. It was so nice to have our families there for this special time. Davis is so loved! Lance and I are looking forward to raising Davis to be the best person he can be and to teach him to always put Christ at the center of all he does. Lance and I heard a great sermon about raising kids. It said to teach, model what you teach, and pray. So simple, but so true. I am a very firm believer in modeling. I guess that is the teacher in me. I think leading by example is huge. We are so thankful for the wonderful families and friends we both have. Thank you all for coming and supporting us on this day. We Love You!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great week we had!!! Memories we will always have.
The pictures of Davis are perfect!!
Love,
Mom

gertsbride said...

I love the blessing idea, and I love the idea of having it at home! My grandfather baptized my brother, married Garrett and me, and dedicated our little Saralynn. I'm hoping he can hold out to dedicate Carter, but that remains to be seen. Such special memories for me of my grandfather dedicating our baby to Jesus- where she's always been- but to have him publicly do it was so special for me. I know you will cherish the memories of that day for a long time, as will your grandfather. What a legacy we're able to be a part of! It's fun watching Davis grow! :)

Mary Beth Pelt
LaGrange (Katie's friend)