Monday, June 15, 2009

I am Two Months Old




Dear Family and Friends,

It is time for me to write again. I am two months old today and cannot believe it is going so quick. I am telling you.....I am growing like a weed!! The doctor said I am a healthy growing boy. I now weigh 12 pounds 13 ounces (74%). I am 24.25 inches long (87%). I had to get six shots at my two month doctor appointment. Why do we have to go through that? I cried real loud for about 30 seconds and then I was fine. I was a little fussy that evening, but I woke up happy as could be.

I am already taking after my daddy. I am a morning person. I wake up mommy and daddy every morning with coos, grunts, squeals, and smiles. My favorite time to talk is in the morning, at bath time, and during diaper changes.......I LOVE to be NAKED!!

I was a really slow eater, so my mom had the lactation nurse take a look at me. It was taking me 30-40 minutes to drink a bottle and over an hour to breastfeed. She told my mom that I could benefit from some occupational therapy to help me be a more efficient eater. My frenulum was attached when I was born and because of that I have to be retrained on how to suck correctly. I think if you looked at me you could tell I am getting all the food I need, but I guess I am a little too slow. My dad did not think this OT thing would help and either did I. My mom and I went to our first OT appointment and Nurse Mary did all these silly exercises with her finger in my mouth. She told my mom to do these exercises with me a few times a day. After Mary helped me I could breastfeed in 30 minutes. My mom seemed so happy and my dad was amazed that the OT could help that quickly. I only have to go one more time to OT and then I should be cured!

I am loving getting older and being able to do more things. Here are a few of my highlights from the the last month.
  • I love to socialize with everyone.
  • I like to lay on my back and socialize with people up close.
  • I coo, smile, and squeal in reaction to peoples faces and voices.
  • I am more aware and love to look at lights, the TV, and people's faces.
  • I now watch Hershel move around the house.
  • Beware if you hold me....I am a powerful pooper and have pooped on several people. Mommy is always warning everyone and handing me over with a blanket in case I poop on them. I thought it was just the chance you took when you held a baby.
  • I am so strong....I can hold my head up with barely any help.
  • I love to stand and sit up with help of course.
  • When I do tummy time, I lift my head up so good and am trying to turn over....I am really close. I also move my legs back and forth like I am trying to crawl.
  • I love to be part of all the action. I do not sleep much during the day because I may miss something fun, but I definitely sleep at night.
  • I sleep between 4 and 7 hours at night. Every night is different.
  • I eat every three to four hours.
  • I LOVE to be held.
  • I am pretty happy except when I want to eat, be held, or I am sleepy. If I am hungry, sleepy, or want to be held you can hear my scream a mile away. I have some powerful lungs.
  • I smile and laugh when I fart. Why are farts so funny?
  • I never want to stay still....I kick and squirm all of the time. I practice my karate moves every night before I finally go to sleep. I can hear my mom and dad laughing at me when they watch me on the video monitor. I just kick as hard as I can until I fall flat asleep.
  • I met several new little friends this month. I met Ella Eades and she is beautiful. I am twice her size. I guess God did that on purpose so I could protect her. We had fun drinking our bottles together. I also met Danielle and Gage Murphy. They are twins and are a little older and bigger than me. I can't wait to be bigger like them. They could do some cool things that I cannot do yet. I also met Georgia Smith. Her mom works with my mom. We are six weeks apart and we are both big kids. I am going to have lots of girls to pick from when I get older.

I am looking forward to meeting my Great Grandma and Grandpa Pope, Aunt Kelli, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Kelton, and my cousins Kiley and Hadley. They are all flying here to meet me. My Great Grandpa Pope is going to give me a blessing. I am also looking forward to going to the beach for the first time for the 4th of July with the Cone's. I have a lot to look forward too this next month.

Well, stay tuned for another update on my third month letter. Life is still great.

Love,

Davis

2 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I love reading these letters from Davis. I can't believe just how big he is. If he keeps this up he'll be bigger than Kaylee in just a few months! ;) Davis is so adorable, and has the best little smile. It will be very nice for him to meet his Great Grandparents and other family. That is so nice that they are all able to visit you all.

Erin Duvall said...

So precious. You'll be so glad you wrote all that stuff to remember about Davis. Can't wait to meet him.