Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Davis thinks his dad is RAD!!
Davis and Opa

Me and My Dad


Me, Lance, and Davis


Lance got to celebrate his first Father's Day which was so special. Those of you who know Lance know that he does NOT like gifts or anyone spending money on him. He always says the best gift is to spend no money on him. This always makes it difficult and makes me so mad, but he really is right. The best gifts are not about what you buy. Just one look at Davis and you know that the best gifts cannot be bought. It was nice just to celebrate being a family of three this Father's and Mother's Day. We are so blessed!

I always prayed that I would marry a wonderful husband and that my husband would be a wonderful father. Having a family was so important to me and something I thought about all the time. My prayers were obviously answered when I met Lance. I always knew Lance would be a wonderful father, but now it is so fun to see him be a father to Davis. Lance is the best Dad ever!

Below are the things Davis loves about his Daddy:
  • I love to lay on Daddy's chest and fall asleep.
  • I love when Daddy tries to make me laugh.
  • I love when Daddy makes up silly songs and sings them to me
  • I love the way Daddy tells me good-bye every morning. Even if I am asleep, he still comes in my room and has to take a peek at me.
  • I love the way Daddy talks to me and teaches me all kinds of new things. He always talks to me like I am a little person. I like that!
  • I love kisses and hugs from Daddy.
  • I love the way Daddy smiles when he sees me after a long day at work. I know he has had a long hard day and he always says, "Let me hold my little buddy".
  • I love watching my Daddy mow the lawn and shave his face. I can't wait to be a big boy like my Daddy.
  • I love going on walks with Mommy, Daddy, and Hershel.
  • I love thinking about the days ahead with my Daddy. I can't wait to fish, play soccer, and golf. We have so much to look forward to.
Lance was able to celebrate Father's Day with his dad and brother on Saturday. They all went to play golf which they love to do. They have such treasured moments playing golf and going fishing. I am so glad they were able to have some father son time. I love my father-in-law and am so thankful for the example he is to Lance. I know this is why Lance is such a good dad today.

We celebrated with my Dad, grandpa Pope, and Uncle Kelton (it was fun having my grandpa and uncle with us this year) on Sunday. Dad cooked his famous spaghetti and we all enjoyed dinner and visiting together. I have the best Dad in the world. He has taught me so many things and has been such a good example to me through all these years. My dad has always taught me the value of education and treating people with respect and love and maybe that is why I am a teacher today. And of course his motto he always taught me ever since I was a little girl....."All guys are scum!" but as he said at our wedding, Lance has proved him wrong!! But the best thing about my dad is all the memories I have of us together as a family. He has always been a very involved dad and spent so much time with us growing up. I remember going to college classes with dad, bargain shopping trips in Boston, family vacations, being baptised by my dad, helping me with school work, playing board games, beach vacations, long talks, family dinners, moves across the country in the Uhaul, watching the stars outside, banging pots and pans to ring in the new year, oranges in Christmas stockings, father daughter dances, basketball games in the driveway, driving the golf cart while he played golf, our father daughter dance at the wedding, seeing his smile when he held Davis for the first time and the list goes on and on! I love you Dad!!
We also love our grandpas and are so thankful for everything they have done for our families. As I always say, families are so special and we are so blessed with our families.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this wаs а very good ρoѕt.
Taking a fеw minutes and асtual еffort to creatе a good artіclе… but ωhat cаn
I saу… I procrаstinate a whole lot and neveг seem to
get nearly аnything ԁone.

Τaκe a look at my blog post; instant loans