Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am Twelve Months Old!

Dear Family & Friends,

Well, it is official......I am now ONE.....I am no longer a baby! I am a big boy now! My daddy woke me up this morning singing me Happy Birthday. I had a great day, but I hear my birthday party is going to be even more fun, but I have to wait a couple weeks for my party. I can't wait to see what that is all about. I am having so much fun this month. Since I have learned to walk, life is just much more exciting. I just can't wait until I am faster...it won't be long! I go to the doctor on Monday, so my mom will update all my stats on Monday.
  • I am now a walker. I rarely crawl unless I need to make a quick get away!
  • I talk all the time, everyone looks at me like they don't know what I am saying, but it is really important. I can't wait until everyone can understand me!!
  • I can say the following things: dada, mama (sometimes), ball, dog, duck, papa, bath
  • I can give high fives, do the touchdown symbol, give hugs and kisses on demand, and laugh constantly!
  • I am working on making animal sounds....so far I am working on the sheep sound and duck sound.
  • I have eight teeth, and my molars are trying to come in, but there are still not here yet.
  • I go to bed around 8 and wake up between 6:30 and 7:30. Sometimes I sleep through the night and sometimes I wake up two or three times for fun times with mom and dad...although mom and dad don't think they are so fun..oh well I do!
  • I eat mostly ALL table food, I am not really interested in that baby stuff anymore....that is for the birds...I am a big boy now! I eat pretty much whatever my mom and dad eat...I love food and say mmmmmm after every bite.
  • I try to mimic everything.
  • I dance to music.
  • I still like to be rocked to sleep.
  • I drink four 6 ounce bottles a day.
  • I think my daddy is so funny and I laugh at him all the time.
  • I had a BLAST at the beach and loved the ocean!
  • I am very social and love to be around people.....I have not really met a stranger if you know what I mean.
  • My mom and dad are trying to teach me the word no (I know what it means....but I am not liking it at all.....I usually just cry when I hear it!!).
  • I love getting to spend so much time with my Meme, Opa, Nana, and Papa and I am lucky they all live so close to me and can watch me grown and change each month.
  • And I really love Hershel, but I think my mom is trying to find him a new home. I hear her talk about it with Daddy, but Hershel is still here, so I don't know what is going to happen to him. We have fun together he is like my little shadow!
  • I am all boy and love to be outside getting dirty! There is nothing girly about me except I love to give kisses and I may be taking gymnastics this summer....ha...I don't think my daddy is happy about this, but me and mommy can't wait!

I guess that is about it from the world of Davis. I will still keep you updated this next year, but probably not every month like this first year...that is hard to do each month.....so hard that I couldn't even do it. I skipped months 10 and 11...oooooops!!

Thank you all for loving me so much this first year. I love all of you!

Hugs and OPEN mouth kisses to you!

Love--------Davis












6 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, &, Regan said...

Happy Happy Birthday Davis dear!

Jus and Kat said...

LOL @ "Open-Mouth Kisses"!!! That's all Faith gives us, and usually for me, she slips the tongue. I love her, but we'll have to work on that! ;)

Happy Birthday Davis!

Erin Duvall said...

Happy Birthday Davis!!
So excited you turned 1. And tell daddy not to worry about the gymnastics cuz there are lots of boys in Ava's class and they love it. They are all boy too and they just climb and rough house with the other kids. It will be so much fun for you and Davis to do together. We go twice a week now.

Susannah said...

Oh Kim, he is so gorgeous! One of these days, we have GOT to get them together! I love the pics and cannot believe he is ONE! It seems like yesterday I was secretly telling you I was pregnant and you were ABOUT to have him!
Yay Davis!!!

Justin and Kristin said...

Isn't it so much fun! I love the pictures of him at the playground. He is adorable! Best wished with the party planning!

Susannah said...

I got your comment on the blog award-you are hilarious! All you do is copy and paste the picture and rules to your blog and do the things it says-then link up to some blogs that you think should "win" the award. :D