Sunday, April 25, 2010

Davis Turns One!

First of all, I cannot believe that Davis is one and his birthday is over! It seems like yesterday I was praying for God to bless us with a baby, and now here we are with a one year old. This year has gone by way too fast for me! I spent forever making a slideshow for the party (Thanks Gillette for helping me....it turned out great!)....it took me FOREVER!! I could not decide what pictures....so I had to just include them all and play the slideshow throughout the party. Lance was laughing that it was 35 minutes long (that was after I edited it several times), but I know I will be so thankful I have this when he is older. The first year is just so special and I know I will never ever get those little moments back. There is a FUNNY story about the balloons. I was up late Friday night getting everything ready for the party, so Lance told me to just relax on Saturday morning and he would do all the errands (Relaxing is hard when you are taking care of Davis....who we made skip his morning nap so he would take a good afternoon nap before his party....so I think Lance actually got the more relaxing job.....but it was still nice of him to do all of the last minute running around...ha!) Lance and I went to order balloons earlier last week and I picked out exactly what I wanted. Lance went to pick them up and put them in the back of my car. When he got to my mom and dad's he opened the back hatch and took the cake inside......well, when he came out the balloons were gone, can I add that they were HUGE balloons!! When he called to tell me, I really thought he was kidding but he was totally serious. His response was, "At least I didn't drop the cake! Don't worry Kim, this will be a good story to tell!" I guess it is kind of funny now, but I was not happy when he called me. He did go back out and purchased more balloons so it was all good!

Another funny thing......our friends Kim, Justin & Ella never showed up on Saturday and we were wondering where they were, well they tried to come to the party on Sunday....ha! We missed having them there with us, but I could not help but laugh when Kim called me on Sunday and told me they were at MeMe and Opa's but they realized that no one else was there.....ha!

Davis' birthday party went well despite the bad weather on Saturday. I was so bummed that it STORMED all day...we had planned to be outside on the deck and enjoy the nice spring weather. Oh well, maybe next year! We had Mexican food catered and it was delicious! Thank you to all our family and friends for supporting us this first year. We are so thankful for all of you and are even more thankful for the role you all play in Davis' life. He is one lucky little boy to have so many people who love him.


I ordered the cutest birthday hat from my friend Janet, and Davis would not wear it, but he sure liked to eat it!

Lance made his smash cake! He did a GREAT job! This is a tradition he started and I think it is so sweet. I can't wait to see what he makes Davis next year. I do have to admit that I was a little worried about this.....he wanted to do a mud puddle, but I convinced him to do a sailboat.....I can't say I have ever seen a mud puddle cake.....but don't be surprised if you see one next year.....ha!


My party favors! I made sugar cookies for the adults, and the kids had bubble sticks. The tag says: "Thank you for making my first birthday party so sweet! Love, Davis"






Lance's one year old pictures are on the left and mine are on the right. :)

I put up one picture for each month of his first year so we could see how much he has grown.

Calleigh and Tayler are new BFFs!

The Birthday Boy!

Opening all the presents......of course he got way TOO much stuff!!





"Oh man! I have been wanting my own sunglasses FORVER!!"

Davis LOVED his lawn mower from Uncle Casey and Aunt Kelley......He really was not interested in opening any other presents after he opened this!

Karen and Dan gave Davis this rocking chair and it is so special. Dan made this by hand and I have to add that Davis loves it....he rocks in it ALL the time! Thank you Dan for making that for Davis...it was such a special gift.



"I am not so sure about this singing...."
"Oh wait they are singing my name....I think I like it now!"
He clapped as soon as everyone finished singing to him!

"Yum!!"
Lesson Learned: Take pictures at the beginning....Davis was not very cooperative!
Julie(my best friend from high school) & Calleigh-----Me & Davis
Calleigh, Davis, and Tayler---This was the hardest picture to take....Davis kept walking off! I finally had to give him a bubble stick to get him even to sit for one minute!
Grandma Lightle, Nana, and Papa
Martha, Nana, Papa & Geri
The Andersons & The Cones
Tayler & Jenn------Me & Davis
Kelley, Me, Davis & Jackie
Davis & his new car from Nana & Papa.......he LOVED it!!!

MeMe and Opa----It looks like Davis and MeMe have had it...I think they are ready for bed.

Linda, MeMe & a VERY tired Davis! Time for Night-Night!!

2 comments:

Erin Duvall said...

I can't believe I am just now seeing these. I must have overlooked them. Kim the party looks so cute. I hate that we missed it. Ava loved the bubbles. I hope Davis had a great 1st Birthday.

Amber said...

What adorable pictures! I can tell that Davis had a blast! Loved your decorations. Did you make them all yourself?