Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Well......apparently I actually have some followers out there because I have been getting comments about how I need to update my blog.....(Joey Hutchins) so this LONG picture post is just for you! It is funny, sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my blog and then I run into someone who tells me they read it.....so I guess I do have some readers out there, besides my usual peeps who leave me comments...ha!

We had a wonderful Spring Break in Destin, Florida with the Cones. We stayed at Lance's Grandma's beach house which is right on the beach and it doesn't get better than that. We cooked in a lot so we didn't even have to leave the beach house which was nice. Each morning Gail, Davis, and I went on a long walk which I love. The weather was perfect and of course I did NOT want to leave. I NEVER want to leave the beach! Thank you Carmen for letting us stay at your home, and thank you to Nana and Papa for watching Davis so Lance and I could relax some and have a date night!! I will not bore you with all the details, you can just enjoy all the pictures. I know there are a TON!! Remember this is my scrapbook, so I had to post them all! Davis had a BLAST as you can tell by the pictures......he can't wait to go back in July!





Trying to pick Grandma Cone's flowers!
















Uncle Blake came and joined us for a few days. Davis LOVES his Uncle Blake!


This is the LIFE!








Getting ready for our morning walk. Davis took his brand new toy Sophie......well Sophie is no longer he dropped her along the way and we drove back down our path and could not find her anywhere! We are so sad about this......Sophie was so great for teething.....I wish we could have her back....I may have to order another one from Amazon....she really was great!


Lance, Davis & Uncle Blake



Davis loved playing in the sand and showing off his clapping skills. He would walk up and down the beach and clap until someone noticed him and told him how cute he was! He was quite the flirt and the beach...he is very social. He tried to join in and help the kids around him build sand castles, and he also was very good at taking their sand toys...he had his own but for some reason he wanted what everyone else had!

"Can someone please take me in to go night night! I have had enough of this sun!"





Davis, Papa & Nana





I LOVE these chubby little feet!





Davis loved the water even though it was super cold! All he wanted to do was run right into the ocean.



5 comments:

Susannah said...

I love it! My fave is the one where he is laying down and drinking his milk! How much crap did you really have to take to the beach? Was it insane? We are taking Emma to the beach in June and I am nervous about how much STUFF we are going to end up with!

Anonymous said...

They are - once AGAIN - absolutely adorable. I know you had a grea time, and it is hard to believe that he will be a year old tomorrow - where has this year gone?? He is still a heartbreaker, I don't see that changing anytime soon...you'll have your hands full, Mom, for many years to come. :)
(Peggy H.)

Jus and Kat said...

Omigosh, so cute! I think you were right next to where we usually stay in Destin (is that Captain Dave's in the background?)! Love Destin! We usually go 2-3 times a year! We'll be down there in June.

Great pics!

Erin Duvall said...

too cute kim. I loved them all. From his adorable checked shorts, to his cute swim trunks, to his fat lil feet, to him drinking his milk with no help. I know yall had a great time. Hate that we just missed you on Wed.
And Happy Birthday Davis!!
Crazy that he's already one. And you look great momma!

Amber said...

Such precious pictures! It looks like y'all had a great time at the beach. Your little family is just too cute. :)