Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts FOREVER!"
Since I was a little girl I dreamed of being a wife and a mother......that was my TRUE dream! One of the best days of my life was the day I married my BEST friend and became a wife......I prayed that God would bless Lance and I with a child.....and that did not come as quickly as I thought but I really learned to trust God's timing during this process, and I have to say that the long wait was SOOOOO worth it....Davis is a dream come true! I love him more than anything in this world. He lights up my world and makes me smile everyday.
I just want to thank my mom for being the BEST mom EVER! My mom is such a good example to me. I strive to be that mom that she was everyday. I am so thankful for all the wonderful examples of mothers I have in my life. I am also thankful for the wonderful mother-in-law I have. I know Lance is who he is today because of her......she obviously did something right....he cooks all our meals...haha! Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there! To me Mother's Day is about celebrating all the women in the world.......not just the moms.
This is a picture of Davis last Mother's Day.......boy have things changed quick.....how I miss that little snugglebug....or should I say BIG snugglebug.......he was never really little......ha!

I had an AWESOME Mother's Day weekend. The weather could not have been more perfect. We woke up Saturday morning and Lance did TONS of yard work while Davis and I went on a 3 mile run. Davis is so good on my runs.....I have just got back into running and am loving it....I hope I can keep it up. When we came back from our run, I planted flowers with my little helper! I planted 5 BIG pots of flowers! They turned out so pretty....I love potted flowers.

Davis wanted to help....I don't know if you would call it help.....but he did have fun in the dirt!

He kept taking dirt from one pot and putting in the next. He was so cute trying to help. Every once in a while he would take a break and go run around with Hershel or mow the lawn with his lawn mower...he loved being outside!

On Saturday night we went over to MeMe and Opa's to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. We ordered Macaroni Grill to go and it was YUMMY.....I just enjoyed spending time with my mom and dad, but we did miss my brother Justin!! Opa always takes Davis upstairs to play the drums and piano....he LOVES it and throws a fit when he has to go back downstairs!

He is serious about his piano playing!


Davis, MeMe, and Me
MeMe, Davis, Opa

Then on Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day with the Cones. It was nice to have them all over to spend the day. Lance smoked a pork butt (ALL DAY LONG) for the family. We spent the day outside visiting and playing with Davis. Dinner was good....we had a true southern meal and I ate way too much food. My camera ran out of batteries so I only got a few pictures! :)

Lance wrote me the cutest card from him and Davis....I LOVE my boys!! He also gave me a date night to my FAVORITE restaurant Tam's Backstage and I cannot wait to go on our date! Gail and Neal gave me a movie gift card......so it looks like Lance and I have a fun date night in the near future....YEAH!!!
Uncle Blake pulling Davis in his wagon. Davis LOVED when Blake pulled him down the hill.....he liked going FAST!


And then my battery died.......so no pictures of Nana and Papa or Me and Lance.......sorry! I so wanted to get some more pictures!
We enjoyed our weekend full of family and fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed it too! We are so thankful that you are such a wonderful mother to our grandson and a wonderful wife to Lance.

Love you,
Gail and Neal

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

You guys are so cute! I'm glad you had such a great Mother's day.

Amber said...

Super cute pictures. The one of Davis sitting at the piano made me laugh! Too cute!

Being a mother isn't easy...but, man is it wonderful!