Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First Week Home

~February 20th - 26th~

Well, first of all we are just so thankful that Katelyn is here and that she is healthy and happy.  We feel so blessed.  Babies are just such a gift from above and it seems so surreal.  Everyone says you just can't describe how becoming a parent makes you feel and the love that you feel immediately for your child is amazing!  It is so true, and I have to say that it feels the same way the second time.  Lance and I are so in love with her and I have to say I think Davis is in love with her even more than us....ha!  He LOVES his sister so much!! 

We are so thankful to have family that lives close by!  My mom was there to help us the first few days and then Lance's mom came over on Tuesday and stayed with us the rest of the week since she was off school it worked out perfect.  My mom came and helped us the first week in March, so I had two full weeks of help which was so nice especially since Lance got sick.  He had bronchitis and a sinus infection and he was miserable!  I am just so glad his mom was here to help so he could rest and get feeling better.  It is no fun to have a sick husband especially when yours helps as much as mine does.  Here are a few pictures.....I have already found that you take way more pictures with your first one.  I don't have much time since I am also chasing a busy toddler around. 

This first week Katelyn has done wonderful!  She is gaining weight and nursing wonderfully so far.  She will nurse for about 15 minutes on each side about every 3 hours.......sometimes 4 hours at night.  She sleeps all the time.  She seems to sleep more than Davis, I am thinking maybe that is because she was two weeks early.  She is starting to open her eyes a little more, but not too much.  She is still sleeping in our room in the travel pack and play, but we are going to move her to her room soon.





 Katelyn with Nana!  We are so thankful for all that Nana does for us!!
 He started out by just looking at Katelyn, but now he has progressed to trying to climb in!  I don't know what is worse a dog or a toddler...ha (Hershel did this same thing when we had him)! 
 You can just tell how much he loves her by his face it is precious to watch him interact with Katelyn.


 She is still HATING her bath and crying the WHOLE time!  She is drama already....haha!




3 comments:

Erin Duvall said...

She is just so precious. That second to last pic of her is adorable. I just love dressing up little girls. Tripp has those monkey pajamas Davis was wearing in the one pic. Can't wait to meet that precious baby. I hope things are still going well for yall. Her nursery is beautiful. The curtains are to die for. If I ever get prego with a third and I have a girl I will buy all the bedding from you including those beautiful curtains. I love them. And I feel ya on the pictures. I hardly ever take pics of Tripp like I did with Ava.

Brandy said...

Such sweet pics Kim - she and Davis both are so precious! Glad to hear you are doing well. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hillary Hull said...

Sooooo precious Kim :) I was so excited to see your blog update! Can't wait to see you next weekend! XO