Friday, April 1, 2011

Second Week Home

~February 27th - March 5th~
Lance's mom left us on Saturday and my mom came to help out the 2nd week.  We were so thankful for the help. It was so nice to have someone play with Davis so I could have some one on one time with Katelyn.  My mom is so helpful and we have so much fun together.  We took Katelyn to the doctor, had newborn pictures, and I kept her busy with lots of projects!  We cleaned out several closets and she even cleaned my china cabinet which I hate to admit has not been cleaned since she cleaned it before I had Davis....YIKES!!  She tried to make me rest several times, but that is so hard for me to do! 

 Davis' friend Parker came over to visit.  It was fun letting him and Davis play and having time to catch up with his mom Hillary.  Davis and Parker met at school and they share the same birthday.  I have enjoyed getting to know Hillary and am thankful that we met through school.  I hope Parker and Davis will remain forever friends (I have a feeling they will....they are so funny together)!


 Jackie, Ashley and Lily brought over dinner on Friday night.  It was so fun to visit and catch up.  Lily is exactly one month older than Katelyn.....it is amazing what a difference one month can make.  We kept joking that Lily was hanging out with her "drunk" friend Katelyn.  If you see the pictures below you will know what a mean.  I am so thankful for the friendship I have with these girls! 


 We could NOT get Katelyn to open her eyes at all....she was OUT!

 "Mom, please stop taking pictures....I am NOT going to open my eyes!"
 Katelyn and Great Grandma Lightle
Gail and Neal brought Grandma Lightle over to meet Katelyn on Sunday.  It was so nice to see her.  It is so nice that Lance's family is so close.  This picture makes me so sad, that I cannot get a picture with my Grandma and Grandpa since they live so far away.  Utah is a little far away...hopefully we can get back out there in a couple of years.  I miss my family out there so much especially during times like these.
 I LOVE this picture!  Davis and Katelyn with Great Grandma Lightle.
 Katelyn and PaPa
Well, on Saturday March 12th I ventured out to a birthday party by myself with Davis.  I left Katelyn at home with Lance.  It was a quick birthday since I had to be back in 2 and a half hours, but we did it and had fun.  Davis went to his friend Georgia's 2nd birthday.  He had a blast playing, although you can't really tell by the picture.  It took him about 30 minutes to get warmed up and want to play and then I couldn't get him to leave.  He threw a fit the whole way out the door....got to love those tantrums!


 Gillette and the birthday girl Georgia
I met Gillette working at Midway a couple of years ago and we have developed such a great friendship.  We have so much in common with the little ones.  We also are both working at GCA now so that makes it nice to have someone to talk to about work and the "terrible twos"!  Georgia and Davis have fun together...I just wish we could get them together more.


 I love these pictures of my mom and dad with Katelyn....they just make me laugh!
 My brother and dad always have to throw bunny ears in pictures!  I used to get so mad, now I just laugh!
 Oh gosh, now Katelyn has bunny ears!
 There we go...normal picture.

Well, sadly next week I will be on my OWN!  Oh my gosh how in the world will I do it?  Just kidding I know I will do fine, but I have to admit I am a little nervous! 

Thanks Meme and Nana for all of your help!  We LOVE you both and are so thankful for you!

No comments: