Tuesday, April 7, 2009

39 Weeks.....Still No Davis!

39 Week Pictures



Well, I really wanted to get some professional pictures taken of us before Davis got here, but we waited too long. I had my brother Justin just take a few snap shots in my mom and dad's backyard. I just wanted some pictures of Lance and I together. All the pictures we have are me by myself. So, they may not be professional but at least we have a few shots of us together to look back on one day.
Well, I know all of you are waiting for updates on our doctor visit today, not much to write about. NO CHANGE!!!! I could not believe it! So, if something does not happen by Sunday (Please pray it does or I will be one angry woman!!!) we will go in for an appointment next Tuesday. He is going to do an ultrasound to see how big Davis is on Tuesday, we are all assuming still big, since he has measured big all along. If I have still not dilated enough and he is still measuring big, we will be having a c-section on Wednesday, April 15th. If we have dilated to a 1 or a 2 and he is not very big he will let us go a couple of more days to see if we progress anymore on our own (this will probably not be the case since he is estimated to be big). If we are at a 4 to 5 then we will go in to be induced, but that may turn into a c-section too if he is too large. So, it is looking like a c-section at this point. This was not what I had planned or wished for, but we really trust our doctors and Lance and I will do whatever they suggest is best for Davis. I am to continue on the bed rest because if the swelling gets bad again it can cause stress on the baby. I cried when we got in the car just being frustrated with the whole bed rest thing and I am getting REALLY uncomfortable, bored, and impatient. But Lance reminded me to just focus on the fact that we will have a baby most likely by April 15th, which will be the best gift we could ask for. We will just keep trucking along and pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby boy. We can't wait to meet our little miracle. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and support. It is so nice to have such a huge support team. We love you all!

7 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Justin took some really nice pictures. I sure hope Davis comes soon. I know how frustrating the last bit can be especially when your activities are limited. Hang in there your doing great. All our love and prayers.

Beth said...

Kim...the pictures look great! I especially like the one with the brick background! I was certain that there was going to be some progress yesterday, I know you are ready! I'll give you a call and maybe I can swing by and visit for a mniute this week or weekend! I will at least chat with you on the phone. Thinking about you!

Beth

Erin Duvall said...

Great pictures Kim. Sorry you are still forced to bedrest but just think, in a week, you will not be gettin any bedrest. lol No really I would be bored to death too but hopefully Davis will make his appearance soon.

Jensen Fam said...

Those pictures are adorable! Your belly is so perfect and cute! Not many women look so good at 39 weeks! Tell Justin he did a great job with the pictures! Good luck with the bedrest.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim! I love the pictures! I never dreamed you would make it this long! I know you are getting so excited!!!

Amy said...

Hey Kim~
Your pictures are really good! Just hang in there. I was really impatient with both my girls too. Those babies don't like to be forced out, so maybe he heard the doctor talking today and he will start making an effort very soon! That is what happened with Kylie. She came on her own the day before induction! It happened again just recently with someone else I know too. So, rest while you can(as hard as it is)!! You won't get much for a while!

gertsbride said...

Hey, Kim- I'm a LaGrange friend of Katie Cottle's and wanted to pass on some prayers for you. I, too, had a c-section with my Saralynn July will be 3 years ago. We went in for our 38+ week appointment and our doctor told us he'd be unexpectedly out of town beginning with my 39th week and coming back after my due date, so we trusted God and our doctor and went in for an induction on Monday. It resulted in a c-section, but I will tell you this- I LOVED my c-section. Yes, I had been in the bed all day, and tried to push on my own, but in the end, it was definitely what was right for our family. I say all of that to say, you're right- sometimes things don't go as WE plan, but all along, they're the way HE planned. He knew from Davis' conception when and how he'd grace you with his presence, and just as He's never left you before, He won't leave you now. Hold on, sweet blog friend. The end is near, and you will have your reward. Holding that precious baby will wipe away every frustrated tear and agitated memory, because your work of carrying him will be over, and your work of raising him and giving him back to the Lord for His work in his life will begin.

Prayers for you,
Mary Beth Pelt
LaGrange, GA