Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hello World










Well, Davis is finally here. All 9 lbs. 14 oz of him. He is a record breaking 22.5 inches long. I am currently searching for the real father b/c there is no way we could produce a baby this size. By the way, this is Lance and this is my first blog entry.
Davis was born on April 14th via c-section. After a very difficult labor period (the epideral was accidentally pulled out half way through), Kim began pushing as the doctors wanted her to attempt to have a natural birth. After an hour of pushing and Davis' head turned sideways they decided the only way he was coming out was by c-section. The doctors did a great job and were amazed he was almost 10 lbs.
Kim and Davis are now doing great. He sure does sleep a lot. I am sure that will change soon. I have not changed a diaper yet but have studied the nurse's techniques and may try that tomorrow. I did feed him once by bottle (with the lactation nurse 2 inches next to me) and helped Kim breast feed. Guess I really watched her breast feed.
This is a very exciting time for Kim and I. What a miracle!! Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers and Kim will definitely take over the blogging duties once she feels better.













16 comments:

Kiley said...

Holy crap he is HUGE! I feel horrible for you Kim!! He is so dang adorable! Glad he finally is here. we love and miss you

Chris said...

Congratulations Lance and Kim! That is such wonderful news. Davis is beautiful!

Martha said...

Kim and Lance I am so happy for you. Gail brought pictures over last night to show off her new grand baby. She is so proud! Congrats to all, he is adorable. I think he already about the size of Ava.

Amy said...

(Well actually, the Chris said comment is really from Amy. Sorry! I didn't realize I was logged in under Chris' account.)

Congrats again!
Amy

Kim Smith said...

Congratuations! We are so happy for you and thankful that Davis has finally arrived safely! He is HUGE! WOW!!!! We share in this excitement with you and can't wait to meet him soon! Love, Chris, Kim, Kyle and Kelsey Smith

Jensen Fam said...

Congratulations again! He is beautiful and looks just like Kim in the first picture. I am with you - how on earth did you carry a 10 pounder!? Enjoy enjoy and post more pictures soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a big boy!!! He is absolutely adorable. Patrick and I are so happy to hear everything went well and both Mommy and Baby are doing great. Enjoy every moment and take lots of pictures and videos as they grow up so quickly.

Patrick and Brooke Hardy

Erin Duvall said...

He is so adorable. Again I am so happy for you guys. Ava can't wait to meet Davis. She LOVES boys! Especially younger ones. And I think they might be about the same size already :)

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Great job guys! He's just perfect. I can't believe how big he is. Good luck with everything. We hope Kim recovers quickly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Davis is a beautiful healthy baby. We are so happy for you all and for your parents.
Lance, as people use to say, I would check out the milk man.
Tami and Brint

Unknown said...

It was fun to see the pictures again. Lance you did a great job on the blog. He is so cute you just want to squeeze him!!! The two of you will be awesome parents.
Koni

Cathy Wiley said...

So, so, so happy for you! Thank God for a healthy baby! You're going to love being parents! Take care of yourselves and I look forward to seeing many more pictures until I get the chance to meet the little guy in person! Cathy

Anonymous said...

Kim an Lance, I miss him soooo much! Dad and I are so proud. We feel so blessed! Thank you both!
Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah! What a beautiful boy! Congratulations to the both of you...you have so many amazing experiences ahead. Keep making memories! Sending our love...The Sanchez Family

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little man!! He is perfect. AND Kim, you look remarkable! Lance, I would def. look into that whole paternity issue, maybe could be a Jerry Springer moment. Who is the father? More importantly, WHO IS THE MOTHER? Well, Davis will grow up to be really TALL b/c he's breastfed!!!! Seriously, cannot wait to meet him in person. I love him already!!!

Jensen Fam said...

Can't believe he is 2 weeks old already! Hope you feel better soon so you can post pictures of your little guy.