Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a TREAT!!

The doctor has said I can do a FEW little things throughout the day to get up and moving. Boring stuff like put the dishes away fold some laundry. That is really not the kind of things I would like to be doing at this point, but at least it gets me up for a little bit. I decided to hold all my little things, and go to the spa today for a pregnancy massage. That was the BEST thing ever!! Lance has been massaging my back and feet whenever I need him to, but since Davis is getting bigger and I am sitting so much my back is really beginning to hurt. I needed a professional! :) The whole time I was thinking it was a good thing I waited this long to get a massage or I would have been there every week and Lance and I would be in the POOR house! It was a nice treat just to get out for a few minutes. I have a gift certificate for a pedicure I think I will go and use tomorrow. It is just down the street so I can make it there and back pretty quickly. I figured since my swelling is much better this is the time to get my toes all pretty. After the baby comes I have heard you don't have any time for yourself for a while, so I need to do all these little things now. Each day Davis is getting a little less active, which the doctor said is normal when they are getting ready to enter the world. Hopefully it will not be too much longer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Davis has not arrived yet!!! He is waiting for just the right time!!! It will be here before you know it though!!!! Enjoy these moments of quiet and rest, as hard as it is now, because you won't get too many chances in the near future. Can't wait to hear good news. . .

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Hang in there Kim! He'll decide to come when you lest expect it like say in the middle of your pedicure... wouldn't that be interesting. I've herd some women say that getting feet massaged can put you into labor. Just one of the million old wives tales. Keeping you in our prayers...

Erin Duvall said...

So jelous that you got a massage but I know it was well deserved. Hang in there. He'll be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Kim, still no baby yet? It's April 5th-I can't wait to hear the latest news-when do you go back to Dr. Bills? Make a post if you're still on bed rest-we are craving details! :)
Susannah

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it to a massage. I was thinking the other day that would be a good idea for you. Hope you enjoyed it! How did your doc appt. go today?

Kelley

Tara Jeffers said...

Hi Mrs. Cone,

Catherine and I were just checking on you. Sorry to hear you are on bed rest, but glad to know all is well with you and Davis. We so look forward to hearing about his arrival soon. Please take care of yourself.

Tara and Catherine Jeffers

Ireland said...

It will be here before you know it! We know you are excited and we are very happy for you guys. Let us know if you need anything, especially this weekend while Lance is gone!!

Kevin, Abby, Ireland, and Patrick