Monday, July 6, 2009

Destin Florida Here We Come

Lounging in my lounge chair. This is the LIFE!


Davis and PaPa



Bath Time at the Beach

4th of July Pajamas

Well, Lance and I got up real early and began packing the car...Boy, did we have TOO much stuff! Good thing we don't have any other kids we could not have fit anything else in the car. I never knew babies required so much stuff for a vacation. I feel like I was packing his things for a week. On the other hand, I brought the smallest suitcase I have ever brought to the beach. The night before we left, I went upstairs and started trying on my summer beach tank tops........well that did not go so well. I guess that is what happens when you have a 10 pounder. So, I threw my three pairs of shorts and my five tops and two bathing suits in my suitcase and I was done. As always Lance packed one tiny duffle bag, how do men do that?

The car ride down was better than expected. Davis was pretty good besides me getting pooped on while I was nursing him in the Publix parking lot and Lance was in the store so he could not help me. I had to wait for him to get back before I could get Davis and myself cleaned up and then I had to finish nursing him......so that was an hour stop. Then I went in the store to go to the restroom and Lance was holding Davis. When I got out Lance was covered with spit up. At this point I was thinking what did we get ourselves into. After that we stopped two more times. We made it to Destin in 8 hours, not to bad. Hopefully the way back is just as smooth.

Since I have been taking care of Davis, I have not gotten ANY sun! Lance calls me "Whitey Tighty". I was dying to get to the beach and get a tan. Of course we wake up to clouds and rain. It cleared up a little later in the day and we were able to sit out on the deck. The temperature felt great. I hope to get some sun tomorrow. Davis loves sitting outside and listening to the ocean. He is having fun with his Nana, Papa, and Great Grandma Cone. Stay tuned for more pictures throughout the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun. I hope you are able to get a little sun. Davis looks cute in that chair. See you soon.
Love
Mom

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

You guys have sure been busy! Looks like you have had just tons of fun with all your family visitors. Loved all the pictures and posts.

Kiley said...

Sorry there are clouds and rain!! WE miss you guys, did davis's rash get better?

Anonymous said...

I love the Destin Pics! We took Charlie when he was about three months old (Of course, Kt and Chad were there too) Sweet memories of that trip! I have gotten several message from his "cloud nine" grandma!