Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Beach Vacation

"I am ready for the beach!"
We had the best time at the beach! We stayed at Lance's Grandma's house in Destin. It is right on the beach so you can't beat that. His grandparents purchased this house in 1982 so Lance and his family have spent lots of time here. We would come down and spend some of our college spring breaks and summer breaks with his Grandma and Grandaddy. I loved coming down and getting to spend time with Carmen and Dub. Dub is no longer with us and it is always sad coming to the beach without him. Lance and I were talking about how much we missed his Grandaddy this time. He would have loved to see Davis enjoying the beach. We know he was watching down on us from heaven and I am sure he was smiling ear to ear. I started coming with Lance to the beach in 2000. Lance and I have so many memories at the beach and now it is fun to create memories with Davis. There is a covered deck area so it was perfect with Davis. He could sit out on the deck and stay away from the heat and sun. Lance and I got to relax and spend time together because of course Nana watched Davis the whole time we were there. We can't wait to go back soon.
Nana and Papa made made Davis a bed underneath the covered deck so Davis could stay outside and not get too hot or too much sun. Davis took LONG naps here everyday. The past two weeks Davis has NOT been taking naps during the day. He gets so sleepy that his eyes get round circles around them. I go to lay him down and he screams. I have started to lay him in his crib and let him cry it out because I know he needs to sleep. He will cry for about 12 to 20 minutes and then finally fall asleep. Sometimes he cries for over 30 minutes and then I just have to go get him and rock him to sleep. He just doesn't want to miss out on anything. I was worried about him taking naps at the beach but that was no problem. I guess we just need to move to a house on the beach so Davis can take naps. Sounds good to me!!



"I am trying to grab my toes. This is my newest trick."





"I LOVE my Mommy!"



The water was picture perfect the last four days! We were going to leave on Saturday, but I convinced everyone to stay one more day. I could have stayed another week......I was not ready to go home.

"I am ready to be a big boy. Next year I am going to be walking on this beach!"

"Days at the beach are hard work! I am WORN OUT!"

The beach houses in the background are where we stayed. It is so nice to just walk out the back door and be on the beach. It is pretty close to paradise!



"I am not scared of the water!"

Look how clear the water is! Lance and his dad went fishing one day and a huge sea turtle swam right past them. Lance said they could have touched it. I wish I could have seen it.



Date Night
Nana and Papa watched Davis so we could go on a date. It was so nice to actually eat together. Lance and I currently eat in shifts. We went to our favorite restaurant The Red Bar.


Davis catching his first wave!


" I love my Great Grandma Cone!"

"My Nana played with me all the time. My mom is going to have to entertain me alot next week when we are at home! I am used to lots of attention"

View from the beach house deck.

Time to go home! Thank you Grandma Cone for letting us stay at your house. As always we had a wonderful time and can't wait to come back soon!

"It feels good to be home, but I miss the beach!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I've been to the beach just by the pictures. Looks like you all had fun. Next year Davis will be building sand castles.
Love,
Mom

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Davis is so cute! I love his little swim shorts. I'm glad it was such a fun vacation. Those are always so nice to have.

Anonymous said...

Having Davis at the beach this year was truly a blessing. He certainly kept us all entertained. We can't wait for the next trip!

Love, Nana and Papa

Jensen Fam said...

Looks like tons of fun! Glad you had such a good vacation!

Amy said...

Hey KIm~ Just catching up on your blog. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! I totally can relate to the lack of sun and the amount of packing for the babies and lack of packing for the adults! That's the way it was on our vacation too! Davis looks SO cute in his pictures and you look very pretty too! You have such a happy "glow" to you.(Don't want to leave Lance out--he looks very handsome also :-) It was good seeing you and Davis today! Hopefully it won't be so long between visits next time. I'm so very happy for you and Lance!!Aren't babies wonderful? You never could imagine the joy they bring until they are here! Now could you imagine life without them?

LJKreyling said...

Davis is getting so big and he is so cute! I just loved looking at all the pictures and reading your blog.