Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, this New Years was a little different then our past, but it was still awesome! Little buddy went to sleep around 7:00 and then Lance cooked us an awesome dinner. We had steak, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. We actually sat down at the table, said a family prayer, and ate dinner together....this does not happen very much since we have Davis to worry about. We try to eat dinner with him each night, but that obviously does not always work out. It was so nice to enjoy a nice quiet dinner with my hubby! Lance and I were in bed by 10 and missed all the New Year hoopla.....ha......maybe we will stay up next year. Our sleep is just too valuable these days. As Davis was starting to get fussy and want to go to bed, I ran upstairs and got some New Years hats and had Lance take our picture. Davis has to have a New Years picture. It's his first one! :)





I always try to make WAY TOO many resolutions and that does not work out so well, so I am just going to keep in simple this year and hopefully make more progress.

Give More....This is one that Lance and are making as a couple. Not only would we like to be more giving with our money this year, we would more importantly like to be more giving with our service to others. This is one thing that I feel I have a real gift for, but since getting married and having a baby I have not made this a priority like I should and like I have in the past. I really am excited about this resolution. It is one Lance and I have always talked about and we are excited to GIVE MORE this year. I just want to be more in tune with what others need and act upon that. I came across this quote while reading the other night and it is so true and really goes along with my resolutions this year. " God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom." -Spencer W. Kimball

Grow More.... I want to work on growing my personal relationship with my Savior. I always used to take time to have devotional time each day and take time to journal, pray, and read/study my scriptures, but it really has been thrown to the wayside this last year or sadly longer than that and I really don't have a good excuse. It is just so easy to get busy and push this to the side. I used to do this in the evenings, but I am just so tired it does not get done. So my new quiet time is going to be during Davis' afternoon nap time. Before I do anything else, I am going to get my quiet time in. It is amazing how much better I feel after getting this time in each day and I truly miss this time more than I have realized. Anyone have any good devotional books they have enjoyed?

Workout More....hahahah! I know everyone has this one....so I just felt like I had to have it to! No seriously, I really do need to do this. Right now, my exercise consists of well......being a mom, which seems to wear me out and kick my tail every day. I really want to start running, I know Lance is cracking up right now if he is reading this, but I really am to wimpy to run in the cold......so once it warms up I will start running, but until then I am going to do some workout stuff in the house.

3 comments:

Susannah said...

I love the new header picture, it looks great! I also think these pictures of Davis are adorable, he is getting so big! It seems like just last month when we were talking about being pregnant and how we couldn't wait to meet our kids!
xoxo

LJKreyling said...

I love the pictures and your resolutions. They have inspired me to do better myself! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and life with us. We Love you.

Amy said...

I have the book, "How to Hear From God" and I really learned alot from it. I think its written by Joyce Meyer. Its a very quick read too!