Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Tricks

Gosh.....babies are like sponges when it comes to their learning and picking up new things! Davis learned two new tricks this week. It is so exciting to watch Davis learn new things. He is so curious and you can tell he is trying to discover everything around him and it is so neat to watch him begin to make connections and figure out how things in his world work! I just love watching him grow, learn, and develop.....being a mom is just the best and has brought me so much joy!
He learned his touchdown trick in one day. Yesterday, I was feeding him and he kept wanting to put his arms straight up in the air. Every time he did it I would say "touchdown". It became a little game to him, but he remembered it well, because all you have to do is say touchdown and his arms go right up. I guess it was a little late for football season, but I told Lance he is already getting ready for next season.....father like son...ha!
He has also started to clap. He has been trying to do this for a while. He would grab your hands and make you clap, but he would not do it on his own until the other day. We came home from Mrs. Tina's house, and I needed a few minutes to regroup and eat lunch. He has not watched a video in weeks, and I thought maybe he would watch his Baby Mozart video. I put it in and he started clapping. Now every time you say clap, he starts clapping. You can tell he is very proud of his new tricks....and so are we!

No comments: