Saturday, February 27, 2010

KK Designs......."Handmade Creations With Love"

Is this a hobby...Could it be something more....Could this turn into something great......time will tell....but for now, I am having fun spending time with my mom sewing!







Our completed towels.....they turned out awesome!





Well, my mom and I have been very busy the last few days....sewing!! My mom started making these hooded towels a couple of years ago. She got the idea from my Aunt Kellie. These towels are the best hooded towels EVER!! I hate the baby towels that are too small and not absorbent at all! These towels are thick, absorbent, and the best part is they are big and can grow with your child. I think a nine year old could even use this towel. Since I know lots of people having babies right now, we have been making a lot of these towels. Everyone has told us we should sell them, and we thought about it several times, but never got on it. Well, that has now changed and our company is going to be called KK Designs. I was in one of my favorite boutique stores last week having one of our towels monogrammed for a shower when the lady behind me asked if the towels were sold there. The owner said they were not, but that I made them. I had talked with the owner about buying our towels, but we never got serious about it. Well, the lady behind me asked if she could buy one.......so a few days later, I sold one to the lady in the store and the store owner has also bought several to place in her boutique and she will see how they do. I think they are just so cute, and they even look cuter monogrammed and it is a great gift that is practical and can grow with the child. We will be setting up a website shortly...this all really came about this week. Let me know if you are interested in having a towel....we would love to make you one. More info to come soon!!

7 comments:

Justin Horton said...

I think that Connor would love one! Can you monogram them? If you can, I am in!

Kim said...

Yes, Kristin I can get them monogrammed, it will just be extra for that. I am still working all that out, I will let you know exacly how much on Monday with the monogramming.

Ginny Underwood said...

Very cute! Love the towels!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Theses look so much fancier than the one I made Kaylee. I think you guys will do great with these!

Amber said...

They are great! You should look into selling them through etsy.com - are you familiar with that - love it!

Kasi Sexton said...

I want one for my kiddo! And I want one for a baby shower gift! Can you give me more info???

Kasi Sexton said...

Hi!

My email address is: jksexton04@comcast.net.

I LOVE them!!!