Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

I used to LOVE Valentine's Day as a child. I loved making my Valentine box and handing out all of my Valentine goodies to all my friends. I also loved getting little goodies from mom and dad....mom has given us Valentines every year, but for some reason this year it stopped........I wonder why??? You guessed it...Davis took over....ha!

Opening up his FIRST Valentine from MeMe and Opa! He got all sorts of goodies and his favorite thing.....PUFFS!!!



Davis giving his handmade Valentine to MeMe and Opa!

Mom and Dad came over to watch Davis on Saturday night. Lance and I went to our traditional Valentine's dinner with some of our closest friends. Our dear friends Beth and Rodney started a foundation a few years ago in memory of Elliot Hughes son of their dear friends Josh and Angie. He was born on October 31, 2007 and sadly on January 21, 2008 he lost his brave battle to esophageal atresia. In February of 2008 Beth and Rodney decided to have a Valentine dinner to help raise money to give to their friends to help with medical costs. The idea was to come to this dinner instead of your usual Valentine plans and donate the money you would have spent on your Valentine festivities to the Huges family. Well, it was such a touching evening, and now it is one we continue to do each year in memory of Elliot. Beth and Rodney decided to set up a non profit organization and the money now donated goes to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta in memory of Elliot. I really look up to Beth and Rodney for their example of giving to others. LOVE is what life is all about, and that is what Valentine's Day is for. Lance and I look forward to this event each year.........Valentine's Day now means so much more to me! Thanks mom and Dad for watching Davis so we could go to this event!
For more information about the 214 project go to:
On Sunday, NaNa and PaPa came over to visit us......I mean Davis.....ha.....for a little while. He had fun playing with them and showing off all his new tricks!


Davis giving his Valentine!

Funny Story.......
On Friday, Lance came home with a box of red roses, I thought it was strange that the box was not delivered to me at school or at home. I asked Lance about it and he had it delivered to the office. Lance and I usually do not get each other anything for Valentine's Day. We now go to the Project 214 dinner and donate our money and that is our Valentine's and I love that we are able to show our love through giving back to others and spending an evening together with our closest friends rather than worrying about making reservations at a restaurant or getting gifts etc. So I was a little upset that Lance had broke the rules....because I had nothing for him. Another thing that was strange was that the flowers were red roses. Lance NEVER gets me red roses. When he does get me flowers, they are usual wild flowers or tulips which is my favorite. I said thank you and we put them in a vase and on went on with our weekend. On Saturday as we were driving to dinner, I was venting on how silly Valentine's Day is and it is really a cheesy holiday.....that is when Lance busted out that he had a confession to make......and it was......His friend at work had red roses delivered to her and they messed up and sent two boxes, so she gave Lance one of the boxes to give me......ha! I knew it wasn't like him to give red roses on Valentine's Day and I was right!!

1 comment:

Erin Duvall said...

What a stinker! I wonder if he really thought he was going to get away with it? Doesn't he know how smart we women are? I just looked at all your recent posts. Davis is so cute. I love his little haircut. And the towels are super cute. Can't wait till you get the website up and running. My friend makes them as well and she made one for Ava with her name embroidered on it and we use it like every night. I agree they are much better than the little ones b/c they have more absorbancy.