Monday, November 9, 2009

Fall is in the air!

I LOVE the fall! This is probably one of my favorite times of the year. I have been so exciting about getting Davis' 6 month pictures taken. We were taking them with Katherine Birkbeck, who took his newborn pictures. I love her creative photography. If you haven't seen her pictures you need to check them out. Her link is on my blog sidebar (KB Photography) go to her website and click on blog and you can see all her recent pictures. They are fabulous. I am a frequent stalker of her blog!

Well, we went to take pictures on Friday, and what do you know.......Davis did not want to smile AT ALL!! He always is smiling and laughing....well not on Friday. He wanted no part in taking pictures.....I think he may have gotten this from his dad! I was so BUMMED! I have been looking forward to this day for months. I hope Katherine was able to capture something. Later that night he regained his personality and was all smiles. I don't know what his deal was on Friday. So, later that afternoon, Lance and I took him down the street to try to get some fall pictures in the leaves. He was not wanting to smile much for us either, but we did get a few good shots. Oh well, maybe next year!

On Saturday, Lance's mom and dad came to watch Davis so Lance and I could get away for a night! Our 6 year Anniversary is coming up and we decided to celebrate a little early. We went to spend the day in Atlanta, eat at Bones, and spend the night at the JW Marriot. It was such a nice little get away! We are so thankful that Lance's parents could watch Davis for us. I know that Davis had a BLAST! I heard that his PaPa was trying to teach him proper crawling techniques and when Lance and I got home, Nana was dancing around with him, so it looks like he got some dancing lessons too!









4 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, &, Regan said...

Such cute pictures. I love reading about you guys.

Erin Duvall said...

Those were cute pictures! I love the pics in the leaves. You look great by the way! I love the mommy/son picture.

Susannah said...

Davis looks so much like Lance, it's amazing! THey are so cute together! And the dog giving away thing, yeah, I feel your pain-times two! But when they are calm and sweet, I think awww, who am I kidding? :D

Amy said...

Davis's pictures turned out so good! She did a great job! I love the natural lighting photos too! They are my favorite. Little Kylie hates smiling for pictures too, and always has.She just knows when to turn OFF the smile and that is the moment we take the picture. I keep thinking it will get better, but it hasn't yet.
Davis looked great and had very handome smiles, even if he didn't want to!