Friday, April 1, 2011

3rd Week Home - "NO HELP"

~March 6th - March12th~

Well, this is my first week with no help!  I guess we got spoiled the last couple of weeks with Meme and Nana and now reality is setting in.  I have to admit I was a little nervous, but the week overall went pretty great.  I have learned that I have very LITTLE me time anymore, showers are not heard of, laundry never ends, the house is never clean (even though I feel like I am cleaning all the time), I never go to the bathroom alone, I have kid songs in my head all day and all night,  I find myself waiting at the door like an excited puppy dog for Lance to come home so he can help me, things I said I never would do with Davis I am doing with Katelyn...ha, I spend 1/4 of my day nursing Katelyn, spend most of my day talking about poops, pees, feedings, burps etc., but most importantly I found myself asking Lance for a minivan which I swore I would NEVER do!  All you mamas out there can relate.  When I read this it does not sound very fun, but I would not have it any other way and I try to remind myself of that when I am on the verge of losing it (this does happen daily since I have a toddler....ha!)
I usually begin my day feeling like Katelyn in this picture...pretty relaxed and ready for the day!

And I end a lot of my days feeling like this!  But I know it is so worth it and I get up the next day relaxed, happy, and feeling so blessed!  I LOVE my life!
My THREE favorite people!
Before Davis goes to bed he has to "hode" and "kiss" Katelyn....it is so cute!

 
You are probably thinking oh, how cute!  Davis is such a good helper......but it has turned into a constant battle!  My mom and I started a BAD thing!  We let Davis get on a chair and help us bathe Katelyn.  I thought it would be good to make him feel like he was helping....this was such a BAD idea!  Now, he always has to help me and play in the "wawtur"!  He constantly pulls the kitchen chairs around the kitchen and tries to climb on the counters, play in the sink, etc.  Lance and I are constantly saying "NO!" "You do that again and you are going to time out!" "Do you want a spanking?"  All three things are not working as we are still having a constant battle of the chairs.......UUUGGGHHH! 

After he washed Katelyn's hair, he had to put the remaining shampoo in his hair....ha!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Kim, I can totally relate to the pushing the chairs around in the kitchen. BOTH my girls still do that. They are always dragging chairs into the kitchen to help mommy cook. Although its sweet. . . they drive me crazy!!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, &, Regan said...

Kaylee has always like to "help". I have a folding step stool that she gets to use. She knows that if it's folded up that "now is NOT the time". She leaves the chairs alone since we tell her they are for the table only. Just an idea.....

Katelyn is getting SO big! And Davis is cute as ever.