Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What has Davis been up to?

It has been so long since I have updated our blog.....this two kid thing is taking up all my time, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!  Well, our little man Davis is just such a LOVE BUG!  We can't get enough of him right now.  He is just so much fun and we are loving every minute of it.  His favorite person of all time is his DADDY!  If he could snap his fingers and turn into DADDY...he would do it in a second.  He is still LOVING his baby sister.  He wakes up every morning asking for Kate and he always asks to "hode" her.  He would just take over as her mom if he could.  He really is pretty gentle with her, but you have to watch him like a HAWK.  The other day we were doing tummy time with Katelyn and Davis was right there being so sweet.  The phone rang and I went to pick it up and as soon as I turned around he had poured a whole glass of water on her head...she was SOAKED and SCREAMING so of course then Davis started SCREAMING because he felt so bad...LOL!  It was pretty funny, and I am just glad he just dropped water on her and not the cup....oh my!  Here are some random pictures of him in no particular order (they are from the last month or so...since I have been a bad blogger, I had so many pictures that I have not put up...no time anymore).  Davis has a huge vocabulary and is talking up a storm, but it is very hard to understand him sometimes and he is not putting two words together yet.  Of course I was worried and had that "gut" feeling something was off.  We had a speech evaluation and he is going to start going to therapy two days a week.  I am so thankful I caught it early and hopefully we can get him back on track.  He is about 4-6 months behind in his expressive language.  His speech has improved dramatically since tubes, but I knew he still needed some more help.  Lance and I are excited to get this started and help our little buddy be the best talker he can be!  He is starting to get frustrated when we can't understand him.  He obviously knows exactly what he is saying, but we just can't figure it all out.  





His new thing has been to wear this hat of Lance's everywhere!  He asks to take it to bed every night.  He walks around the house with a hat and glove on...it is so funny!  He used to go to bed with nothing.  Now he asks to take books, gloves, hats, pacis, and baby dolls to bed....random I know.




He has been loving this nice weather and likes to eat his afternoon snack in his wagon outside.  I am so glad we have a fenced in yard and Davis can go play.
His new "CHEESE" face!
He has also started to take his pants and diaper off and ask to go to the potty.  He never will go to the bathroom but he loves to sit there, wipe, and flush the toilet.  I am just not ready for potty training yet.  We are going to start this summer...wish me luck..haha!  If anyone has any good books or ideas to help with this please let me know.
He loves to play in the water and help me bathe Katelyn (notice this has not stopped since he fell and hit his head)  It is still a battle all he wants to do is play in the sink.  Don't you love his his hat.....it is one of his newborn hats....I can't believe it even fits him but by golly it did and he is going to wear it...ha!
Does anyone need a dish washer?
Davis with his new backpack....so cute!


Helping with tummy time...such a good brother!

And most importantly this little man is turning TWO tomorrow.  I can't believe it!  Where has the time gone??

4 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Davis!

Erin Duvall said...

He is so cute. I can't believe he's two! Happy Birthday Davis! What a good big brother. Ava stepped on Tripp's hand yesterday and he cried and she cried and said I so sorry mommy. It was precious but sad for Tripp.

Brandy said...

So cute! Love all the pics. Sounds like you are busy, busy! Glad to hear his speech eval went well. He'll catch up in no time. Happy Birthday to the little man! Looking forward to seeing you soon! :)

Amy said...

As I was looking at your pictures tonight, Kylie says, "Is that Davis, Mommy?" So sweet! She remembers him!