Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Davis Meets Tayler...Love at First Sight

Our friends Jenn and Derek just had their first baby, Tayler, in August and we met her for the first time a couple of weekends ago. We were going to all go to the Apple Festival, but of course it rained....imagine that! So they ventured over to our house to hang out for the afternoon. We had such a great time. Tayler is such a cutie. She weighs just a little more than Davis did when he was born and she is two months old.......that is CRAZY! She was so sweet and a little cuddle bug. I could have held her all day. Davis is to busy these days to cuddle. Davis has so many girl friends and he really is a ladies man. It seems like he is always being sweet on the baby girls. But I will have to say he did have the hots for Tayler. He even tried to kiss her before they left. Young Love starts early! I say this over and over again, but Lance and I are blessed with so many good friends and we are so thankful for that. We both went to college with Derek and have kept in touch ever since. The four of us have so much fun together and now we have two little ones that make it even better.
"Tayler, I would really would rather be jumping right now....."
"Tayler, hold on a second. I am a little preoccupied, but I will pay attention to you in just a minute. I PROMISE!"
You can see Davis' little hand reaching tor Tayler's hand.

"Okay, Tayler I am ready. What do you want to talk about?"

Jenn, Tayler, Me, Davis

"Tayler, I love your hair. I wish I had some hair like that. Mine fell out."


"Tayler, are you ok in my bumbo seat? Just wait, once you can sit up you can do all sorts of things."

Jenn and I were talking away and we looked in the other room and saw Lance and Derek playing with Davis' toys. They did not want this picture on the blog. I thought it was cute. They are both such good Dads!!


"Tayler, do you have to go home? I loved having you over to my house. Can I give you a good-bye kiss?"

"I love you Tayler. Come back to play soon!"

6 comments:

Amber said...

Too funny with the dads - where did that storage unit come from, I love it!

Erin Duvall said...

well he is quite the ladies man Kim. Since Lance is such a good daddy I'm sure someday Davis will make a good husband and daddy too. Davis is just getting cuter and cuter.

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, &, Regan said...

So cute! I love all the Davis talk. He is getting so big. And really do boy ever stop playing with Lego like toys?? All the Dads I know still love blocks and stuff. I love the Dad photo.

Kim said...

Amber - We got the storage unti from Ikea. I was really eyeing the Pottery Barn storage system, but this one was like a tenth of the price so we went with Ikea. I do like it, I just wish the compartments were different sizes. I didn't realize how much stuff we would have!

Amber said...

Thanks - that is the same one we have then, only I have the 4 cube. What about the wicker baskets inside - r those ikea too? (the square wicker basket)

Susannah said...

Kim, I cannot believe how big he is getting! Isn't it crazy to think of us last year without kids?? He sure is adorable with his buddy Tayler-she is super cute too!