Tuesday, December 29, 2009

LOVE putting them up....HATE taking them down!

I love decorating for Christmas, but I dread the day I have to take it all down......NO FUN!! The day after Christmas I am ready to get the house back to normal, so we have been busy taking down all the decorations the past couple of days. I took a few pictures of some of our decorations before I took everything down.Check Spelling Christmas cards are one of my favorite things about the holidays. I love going to the mailbox each day to see who has sent us a Christmas card. It is so fun to see pictures of every one's beautiful families and catch up on the lives of our friends that we do not get to see often. I got this Christmas card hanger and I love it, but I can still not fit all our Christmas cards on it and then there are so many you cannot even see them all. I have to think of something else to do with our cards next year.
Our first year doing Santa was really fun! Here are Davis' Santa gifts under our tree.




Our Christmas tree decorated with ornaments of memories and love. My Grandma and Grandpa Pope started the tradition of giving us Christmas ornaments each year since we were born, so when I left home I had a huge box full of ornaments. Each one has a special memory. Like when I loved Strawberry Shortcake, I got all Strawberry Shortcake ornaments, when I learned how to ride a bike I got a bike ornament etc. Each one is so special to me and they make decorating the tree really special! Some of them are a little shabby since they are so old, and I always put them back in the box along with homemade ornaments I made as a child, but Lance always goes back and puts them all on the tree, he says we have to put them all up. So, I just nicely let him put them on the tree and then I move them to the back so no one can see them. Lance and I also exchange ornaments every year. Now we will do the same with Davis and MeMe and Opa are going to do the ornament exchange as well. Looks like Davis needs his own tree next year! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for starting this tradition with us.

Davis' Stocking


And this is what the whole season is about. I am so thankful for the sacrifices my Savior made for me. I am thankful for the love that my Savior has for me and hope that I can have that same love towards others. It is so easy to have that love during the holidays, but so sad that it quickly fades. I pray that I can keep this love all year long and be an example to others so they can see my Savior's love through me.

No, we are not having another baby, I know that is what some of you are thinking. You are thinking this picture is a clue because there are 4 stockings......WRONG!! The fourth stocking is Hershel's for now, but as soon as we do have another one I am afraid Hershel will have NO stocking.....Poor Hershel!!

No comments: