Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blog for August

I did not realize that I actually had blog readers. All our friends keep asking where the updates are. It was nice to see that some people actually do keep up with our blog so I guess I am not writing all of this for nothing! I realize it is now September and I have not written one blog entry for August. Well, here is a month in review from the Cones. The blog entry is below all the pictures. I wrote first and then loaded the pictures.......I was not thinking correctly. It is a long entry and I am sure there are tons of typos.....no time for proofreading.........I will just go ahead and warn you.
Davis' First Birthday Party
Ava had a princess party, they let Davis be a prince. Ava was turning one and she is as precious as they get. She was just walking around like a little princess. She is so tiny, she looked like she was just floating around the house. Davis is usually so good, but not at this birthday party. He puked (and I mean puked) all over Martha's nice floor as soon as we got there. I had just handed him off to Gail so I did not get thrown up on for once. I am sure she didn't mind the throw up. :) Then he cried and cried. We tried to lay him down and that did not work. He was just so upset and we could tell he did not feel good. So we stayed for about an hour and then left. We had a good time while it lasted. It was nice to see the Duvalls, Cottles, Parmers, and Prices. Ava, I am sorry Davis was such a party pooper. He will be better next year I promise!

Martha & Ava, Karen & Molly Kate, Gail & Davis

The grandmas have been waiting to get a picture with all of them and the grand babies.

Karen & Molly Kate, Charlie, Gail & Davis
Charlie loves to give Davis kisses. He is so sweet!!


Don't you love Davis' face. He was pretty much this way the whole time. This is so not like him!

Davis has officially had ENOUGH!! We were out the door right after this picture. Ava looks like she has better things to be doing and Molly Kate is being a little angel!

Since we were in Douglasville, we decided to go and visit Jenn and Derek. We have not seen them in a while. Their little baby Tayler will be making her arrival in August, so we wanted to see them one last time before she arrived. We took Davis and he was a little better at their house, but he was still pretty fussy. Poor little guy was not having a good day. I did not take any pictures because I was too busy trying to keep Davis calm. While Davis was laying down, Derek was talking to Davis. He was asking if Tayler was going to be his girlfriend and Davis would coo at him. It was so cute. We also asked Davis if he was going to marry Tayler and he cooed again. We should have got it on video it was precious. Then Derek told Davis that he was only aloud to hold Tayler's hand and Davis laughed and laughed. It was almost like he knew what we were saying. We will see what happens....... Davis definitely has a lot of options since all our friends are having little girls.
The Warnocks
These pictures got split up, so there is a few more of the Warnocks below. This weekend we went to visit Casey and Kelley and had the best time. Davis loves his Uncle Casey and Aunt Kelley. Davis did lots of talking and when we stopped paying attention to him he squealed at us. He wanted all eyes on him!

Lance, Davis, and Me



Davis loves looking at people. I love how he is looking at Casey in this picture.


Katie and Mike's Baby Shower
Katie and Davis

Katie and Mike are having a boy, so atleast there is one boy out there for Davis to hang out with. We had a fun time catching up with old friends from college. Fun Times!

Beth, Rodney, and Davis

College Friends--Beth, Me, Davis, Katie, Abby


Davis had fun with Rodney!

More pictures from the Warnocks
Davis in his pajamas. Doesn't he look like a little man?


Uncle Casey & Davis


Aunt Kelley & Davis
Aunt Karen (AKA WaWa (she hates that Lance and Blake call her this!!) came to visit from Washington D.C. It was so nice to see her and have her meet Davis for the first time.
Papa, Karen & Davis

Uncle Blake and Aunt Brittany joined us for the evening. We missed seeing Anna. Davis loved when Blake flew him through the air. He laughed and laughed every time Blake put him in the air.

Neal, Gail, Me, Karen, Davis, Carmen, Lance


I love Kisses from Davis!

Hershel lays in front of Davis' Exersaucer while he plays.
Judith came to visit Davis one day after school. It was so fun to see her and catch up. I miss seeing her at school. She was such a good sport. I was trying some new diapers and obviously they are not the best fit for Davis because he peed right out of his diaper onto Judith. I felt so bad because she was dressed all cute from school. At least it was not poop. :)


Me, Mason & Davis
While Jane had curriculum night, we watched Mason. Mason is in third grade and Lance and I have so much fun watching him. He is so good! He loved Davis and Davis loved him. He laughed and smiled at Mason all night. Mason's middle name is Davis so they have a little connection.
"Thanks for playing with me Mason!"

Just getting home from church. We have started to put Davis in the church nursery the past two Sundays. He has been so good and we love his teachers. When Lance and I picked him up today they told us that Davis had met a girlfriend. They took a walk in the big stroller with all the kiddos and they said Davis and the little girl gazed at each other the whole time. I think some of the girls out there may be a little jealous!




Pictures from Lori's House
Every Monday I go and tutor for the Bolicks. Lori has been so nice to watch Davis for me while I tutor the kids. Davis loves going to Lori's on Mondays. This Monday she took pictures of him. Last Monday she let Davis type me a little message on her lap top. Thanks Lori for watching him. I greatly appreciate it and so does Davis!


Davis and Lori


I know many of you are wondering where we have been. Some of you don't care, you just want to see pictures of Davis. We are still here and we are all doing well. I have started back to work which has kept me super busy and has put our blog on the back burner. I was planning on starting back to work full time September 15th, but we had a slight change in plans. I had the opportunity to job share my position with another teacher. I was so excited about this opportunity but not sure if it would work out. Everything worked out perfectly and Lance and I decided this would be best for our family at this time. I work everday from 7:45 - 11:45. I am home with Davis in my arms by noon everyday with a BIG smile on my face. Since I am only working 4 hours a day I decided to go ahead and go back to work at the beginning of the school year. Our neighbor, Mrs. Tina, is keeping Davis each day. My mom is keeping him every other Tuesday. My mom is also watching him for a couple hours on Thursdays so I can get some tutoring in. We are so blessed to have family so close that can help us out. I am loving working part time............but I am not loving the tight budget we have been put on............but is is soooooooo worth it to have extra time with Davis everyday. Lance has us doing an envelope budget (He is so excited about this budget......in a giddy way; I have no idea how you can be this excited about a budget.) and it has been working out great.......until........he went out of town........I got everything messed up.......go figure. Of course I had my mad money envelope spent the first week of the month. We are trying to plan out meals which has helped save a lot of money as well as repeated trips to the store. Anyone have any good coupon websites? My next goal is to start using coupons. Being a mom has really opened my eyes to how busy moms are. I had visions in my head of getting so much stuff done since I am only working part time.........well those visions are not coming true. I still have never ending laundry, dirty dishes, no groceries, dirty bathrooms, dirty floors, dirty dog etc.........but I do have one happy little family which is worth everything. I guess that is part of being a mom. Everytime I think I am caught up it all piles up again. It is a never ending job and we only have one child. I am thankful for a loving husband who has really stepped it up. He has been doing all the grocery shopping, cooking, of course keeping our envelope budget organized, keeping up with Hershel (I am so focused on Davis......I sometimes forget that we have a dog) and even some cleaning. I LOVE you Lance!!

For the update on Davis.....read his 4th month letter. Sorry these posts are so long and detailed. Lance always tells me I write way too much, but this is sort of a journal for me to record our lives. I found a website that turns blogs into books so I am going to do this once a year and have a journal of our year. I am not a big scrapbooker so this will serve as my scrapbook.
Hope you all are doing well. I will try to be a better blogger in September.

7 comments:

Susannah said...

Hey Kim! I can't believe how big Davis is! My little one got here almost one month ago! Go to my blog and check her out
www.theedwardsedition.blogspot.com

I go back to work on October 29th and I am already dreading it! I just don't care! Are you job sharing with EIP? That is awesome! I have you featured on my blogroll, so hopefully more people will visit your blog!
Hope to hear from you!
Susannah

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Love the picture of Davis kissing you!
And I blog lots for the same reason. Love reading about your family.

I love these websites:

http://www.dealseekingmom.com
http://www.momsneedtoknow.com
http://www.5dollardinners.com

There are tons more out there, but these are my favorites.

Erin Duvall said...

Loved the update. Tell Lance he is wrong I read every inch of your post :) It was fun. This is what we nonworking moms do in our downtimes when baby naps. I hate that Davis did not enjoy Ava's birthday but that's ok. I knew he was not like that all the time. Probably just too many people and too much noise. He is still a cutie and hopefully next time I see him he'll be happier. I appreciate you guys driving down to the party. I'm just glad I got to hold him finally (not when he threwup lol). But it wouldn't have been the first time that happened to me. I have to say again how much I love Ava's little bucket. It stays in her bathroom and hold all her washcloths and looks so cute. I love anything with her name on it.

Brooke and Patrick said...

So good to catch up on Davis' progress. He is getting so big so fast. Time flies! You are so lucky to have gotten a part time job. That would be my ideal situation but I did not think there were any in the system this year. That seems like the best of both worlds with a little spending cash but still a lot of time home with your little one. What school are you at? And by the way, we ordered Collin's costume from One Step Ahead. They were a little pricey but cute. I did find that Party City has a cute teddy bear for infants under 12 months old and some other cute ones for a little cheaper. Collin was a monkey last year. We borrowed ours but I have seen it at Wal-Mart for $9.99. Hope all is going well.

Amber said...

I didn't realize you went back part-time, I loved it and hope I can once again someday. I would love to sit with you and talk coupons one night b/c I am a big, big dork. But for now - - check out Southern Savers.com - the best website EVER!

Anonymous said...

Loved catching up with yall. Cannot wait to see that little man!!!
Karen Parmer

sandy-lynne said...

Hi Kim, you look just like your beautiful mother. Davis is a perfect DOLL. Start locking the doors now, he's going to have plenty of girls after him LOL. Just got in touch with your mom and it was good to hear her voice After all these years. Sandy Catalano