Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Tooth

Well, Davis has had signs of teething for a while now, but I thought it would still be a while before his teeth started coming in. He has been drooling a TON and putting everything he can right into his mouth. The last couple of weeks he has been biting down on his fingers and anything else he can get in his mouth. My mom spotted the white speck on his front bottom gum. I was thinking surely this is not a tooth already.........but she was right it is definitely a tooth and we have one not so happy camper. He is doing pretty good, but he is a little crankier than normal and wants to be held a lot. You can tell he is just not very comfortable. He also has a stuffy nose and a diaper rash both of which he has never had. I heard this could be because of the teething.

I know all you moms out there have all the tricks......help me please!!

Any teething tips?

Any diaper rash tips?

He turns 5 months old on Tuesday, he is growing up way too fast. Boy, does the time go by quick. Lance and I are just loving every minute we have with this little guy. We are both smiling and laughing every minute we are with him. He is such a blessing to us. We never knew we could love another person so much.

Okay, who put him in a diaper bag.......that would be his Dad!



We love his little smiles. He has the cutest personality.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! He is growing up too fast! What a cutie!

All I have to offer is this:

Teething - tylenol and lots of it - teething tablets seemed to help Dallin but not Abby, it's worth a shot!

Diaper Rash - the very best stuff we've ever used is from CVS - get the CVS brand diaper rash cream with 40% zinc oxide. Zinc oxide is what helps get rid of the rash. Just slather his little butt with tons of the cream and you'll notice a huge difference after every diaper change. I've heard that Desitin can actually burn and my kids hated it so I believe it, say no to Desitin!

Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of his first little tooth!

Anonymous said...

Diaper Rash --- Mix Mylanta (green bottle) with A&D and Desitin all together. It makes a paste! The combo works AWESOME!!!
Teething -- Charlie never really seemed to mind, but Tylenol worked when he needed it. My pediatrician says no on the Teething Tabs - can't remember why though.

Good luck! he is such a Cutie Pie! We hope to see y'all soon!!!

Susannah said...

Kim, he is so big! How much does he weigh now? I can't believe he is getting a tooth at five months, is that normal? See, I have no clue what to expect with Emma-she will bust out a tooth at 2 years old and I'll say, "Oh, first tooth!" Ha! Have you tried loading him up with that orajel ointment? Also, what about a frozen washcloth or something cold to "chew" on?

Jill Sanchez said...

Hey Kim...oh the joys of teething! Both my girls had the terrible diaper rash along with the teething. The best thing I found to use was Aquaphor. It is WONDERFUL for all sorts of issues such as dry skin. Tylenol and a cold washcloth have always been helpful for my kiddos. My pediatrician and my sister-in-law (also a pediatrician) said to stay clear of the teething tablets...big bummer because they did work. Davis is so handsome & changing so quickly! You are a natural!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

WOW first tooth! We alternate Baby Tylenol & Baby Ibuprofen every four hours for the pain. We tried the Desitin, & A&D, but they didn't work on Kaylee's sensitive skin. So we alternate the generic zinc oxide from Wal-Mart & Boudreaux's Butt Paste for any diaper rash. It's a different combo, but works great for for her super sensitive skin. Her dermatologist & pediatrician recommended the Butt Paste, & we really love it. Hope Davis feels better soon.

Erin Duvall said...

Ava loved the teething tablets. They're all natural so no biggie. They can have like three at a time. Tylenol worked wonders for Ava. And Katie's diaper rash remedy worked well too when she got the rash. Sometimes if it didn't work though I'd call in to the pediatrician and she prescribed something for me b/c she said when it gets that bad it's a yeast infection. Don't know if boys get these too but whatever she prescribed worked awesome.