Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dinner with the Eades and Lumpkins

We are having a great long weekend. It is so nice not to have to go to work on Monday. We were going to go to the beach but we decided to stay here to save money and get some things done. It has been nice just having family time at the house. We went to church this morning and put Davis in the nursery again. His teachers said he was so happy. They said he did a lot of talking today. The Eades and the Lumpkins came over to our house for dinner tonight. It was so good to get together with everyone. I know Davis LOVED seeing his girlfriend Ella. Davis has quite a few little girlfriends. I have to brag on Lance. He cooked a great chicken casserole dish and it was great! I am always scared to try new recipes; especially with company coming over, but it turned out perfect. We need to try new recipes more often. Lance is really getting to be a great cook. I have to admit he is WAY better than me at cooking.

Judith, Kim, Me, Davis and Ella
Ella and Davis smiled at each other. Davis of course did his high pitched squeals all evening long. I can't wait for them to get older and they can run around and play together. It is hard to believe how much they have changed in just a couple of months. I think Ella may be bigger than Davis now.
Davis kept trying to grab Ella's feet and hands.




Me, Davis, Kim & Ella

Miss Ella

2 comments:

Jensen Fam said...

It was so good to see you, Davis, and your mom today! Davis is adorable! I can't get over what a happy baby he is! I wish we all lived closer, it was so fun visiting for just a few minutes, we really should get together more often!

Erin Duvall said...

Isn't it awesome when the hubby cooks. Vince took over that job after he came back from Iraq. I was like, look, I fed you our first yr. and half marriage, during your stay in the desert I lived off of cereal. I forgot how to cook :) Fortunately he enjoys it. But now that his knee is broken I had to get back too it :( His meals taste so much better than mine.