Friday, September 25, 2009

Visit With Nana

Lance's mom, Gail, was planning on taking a half a day on Wednesday to come over and see Davis......well then the floods came and ruined that plan. I cannot believe all the damage around us right now. My prayers go out to all the families in need at this time. Such hard times for lots of people! Lance and I kept joking that Gail would come anyway......we thought she would use a canoe to get here if she had to. She would do anything to get to Davis. But......she literally could not get over here for two days. She was finally able to get out of Douglasville on Wednesday evening, so she came over and spent two nights with us and watched Davis on Thursday and Friday. It was so nice to have her come and stay with us. I know Davis had a blast with his Nana and Lance and I were able to relax a little bit more since Davis was taken care of. I even got to go out to dinner with the girls (Kelley, Ashley, and Jackie) on Thursday night. We went to the cutest restaurant in downtown Roswell, The Fickle Pickle. We ate dinner and then went on the porch for live music, talking, and dessert. It was so nice to have some much needed girl time. Thanks for coming to stay with us Gail. We appreciate all you do for us. We are blessed so much by having our families so close to help us. I am so thankful that Davis is able to see his grandparents so much. Families are one of God's greatest blessings!

1 comment:

Erin Duvall said...

I am surprised Gail did not come by canoe either. I know Martha would have at least tried it. I'm know yall enjoyed your time with her and I'm so glad you got to go out with the girls Kim. That's something I look forward too whenever we move back to Georgia.