Monday, September 28, 2009

Say A Little Prayer

Since I have started our family blog, I am addicted to reading other family blogs. I just start hopping from one blog to the next. I guess it is sort of my entertainment! Several weeks ago I came across two family blogs that could really use our prayers. I started reading about these families and tears were streaming down my face. Lance was looking like me like I was crazy. Night after night I kept reading their blogs and getting so upset, but I kept coming back to read more. Now, I feel like I know them. Their stories really put all things into perspective. My "little" problems are nothing compared to what these two families are going through. It makes you realize how much you have to be thankful for and how much you have that you take for granted. Every minute is so precious and you never know when those precious moments will be gone. Some things in life just don't seem fair. I know God has a plan, but sometimes his plan is so hard to see. These two families have such strong faith and I don't know how they do it. I don't know how these two moms get out of bed in the morning. If you have time go look at their blogs and just say a prayer that they will continue to have strong faith, comfort, and peace.

The Maxey Family: 5 years ago they lost a child to cancer and they have now just lost another child to cancer. They also have a little boy that has had to experience the loss of two siblings.
http://www.maxeyweb.com

The Ramer Family: Through a terrible drowning accident they lost both of their children (twins). I can't imagine losing a child, but I really cannot imagine losing two at the same time. The mother seems to really be struggling with this, understandably so. They have another child on the way.

http://ramerbunch.blogspot.com

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. I just cannot stop thinking about these two families and I do not even know them. There is not much to do for them except offer up your prayers. I thought you all could pray for them too. Prayer is so powerful! I will post a "happy" post tomorrow, I promise!

1 comment:

Erin Duvall said...

Kim, can you send me your email address? erin.p.duvall@us.army.mil